Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Beware of Suntan Lotion on your paintwork

During this rather strange episode of weather here in the UK, I thought I should remind anyone that doesn't already know, that suntan lotion is a paintwork killer!

A few years ago I had to pay almost £750 to get suntan lotion marks out of a cars paintwork, and I don't want anyone to have to go through the same experience. I was actually lucky as some of the people I approached told me I would have to get the paintwork resprayed, and that would have cost me much, much more.

My kids had been covered in suncream, ready to go to school, and they put their hands all over the paintwork when getting into the car. Like kids do. Everytime they done this they would leave a small amount of suncream on the bodywork, which is almost invisible unless you stand at the right angle.

When, after a while, you try to get this off, its impossible! Apparently polyethylene glycol is the main ingredient that literally buries its way into the top coat of your paintwork. If its left too long its almost impossible to get off without professional intervention. And even then if its been left for too long, you may need to look at respraying the panels.

So please be wary of your kids hand prints on the car, and if you see suncream, get it off and wash the panel as soon as you can!

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum