Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Noelyg
    United Kingdom 

Suspension fault!!!

Well!! Leaving my driveway the other day I heard a loud bang like a balloon popping, immediately followed by a warning on the dash saying only normal suspension height available!! I immediately thought one of the air suspension bags must have blown up.
    It was still ok to drive at this stage but after taking the dog to the vets yesterday it dropped to liver than access height & the dash warning changed to suspension fault!
    It is still driveable just, but it feels like I’m trying drag a turkeys butt around on mouses legs.

Now waiting for Land Rover assistance to come out today. I’ll let you know how it goes..

67plate & only 3700miles Censored
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

sounds a bit like a compressor failure..

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • Wyvern
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Fuji White

we had the same thing happen on the drive . .. big pop and suspension fault lights come on ...
    call to LR assist who were very helpful but not able to fix on the drive - so cleared to drive the car for 45 miles at speeds lower than 50mph to the dealers.
    Given a RR sport for a couple of days while they sort out the issue and do a service update on the software etc..
    Now have the vehicle back and pleased to give the RR back, the D5 is much more responsive and the suspension is back to normal.

Team Wyvern, 4x4 Response - DC126 & DC127,
    Defender 110 2.2 camper in constant use, D4 XS gone - D5 SE gone - now Defender 110XS 2.2 is the new babe ! -
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

There's an open bulletin for this - you should have received a notification. Here in 'Murica we received notice by mail. N141 is the TSB. Replacement took less than a day. This notice came out in January 2018 here in North America.

It's likely the suspension air expansion chamber and a connector valve that needs to be replaced.

"SITUATION:
    An issue has been identified on certain vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range where a
    hissing or single pop noise may occur. The vehicle then displays a suspension warning message on the
    Instrument Cluster (IC), which can lead to a loss of functionality to the vehicle’s suspension ride height
    adjustment.
    ACTION:
    Retailers are required to HOLD affected new vehicles that are within your control and refrain from
    releasing the vehicles for new vehicle sale pending completion of the Workshop Procedure detailed in
    this Technical Bulletin. Unsold vehicles should have this performed as part of the Pre-Delivery
    Inspection (PDI) process but must have it completed prior to vehicle handover to the customer.
    Affected vehicles already in the hands of customers should be updated at the next available
    opportunity.
    This program is valid for a limited time only. Warranty claims with a repair date prior to the 30
    December 2019 closure date must be submitted or payment within 30 calendar days of completion of
    the repair."
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

interesting, no mail notification of this north off the Border!

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

We may have different laws on when notifications must be actively issued to owners...check TOPIX. It's worth buying a 1-day subscription and then downloading everything.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 

thanks I may do that before my next service

• ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

i have the free access to Topix, so i can see the Outstanding Campaigns, but i can't read the document that goes with it.

All i've got is

Outstanding Campaigns

F169 - CAN L.ROVER COMPLIMENTARY 1ST SERVICE
    N118 - SERVICE WARNING MESSAGE NOT DISPLAYED SERVICE RESET NOT WORKING
    N135 - AIR SUSPENSION & ADAPTIVE DYNAMIC WARNING
    N151 - HVAC CONTROL MODULE UPDATE

Blackfly
    go to https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm
    and register. You can then input your VIN and see what's outstanding and the Activity Stream, not sure what that is.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

N135: SITUATION:
    An issue has been identified on certain vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range which may
    display an Adaptive Damping (AD) warning message on the Instrument Cluster (IC). Investigations have
    identified that Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) U3000-04 may be stored in the Chassis Control Module
    (CHCM), leading to the warning message being displayed within the IC. The warning message will
    remain present until the ignition has been cycled 'OFF' and then 'ON' but will be displayed again until
    the update listed within the Diagnostic Procedure below is completed.

It's fixed with a software update.

N118: SITUATION:
    An issue has been identified on certain vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range where the
    'Service Required' message will not appear on the Instrument Cluster (IC) if a vehicle has reached its
    service point and the engine is started normally by pressing the engine START/STOP button with the
    brake pedal pressed. Turning on the ignition only, by pressing the engine START/STOP button without
    the brake pedal pressed, will still allow the 'Service Required' warning message to be displayed.
    In addition, Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software introduced a concern relating to the ability to
    reset the service message indicator. The latest IC software will rectify these concerns.

Also a software update.

N151: SITUATION:
    An issue has been identified on certain vehicles within the listed Affected Vehicle Range where the
    direct pressure sensing valve within the air conditioning compressor becomes 'stuck' and cannot
    respond to changing demands for air conditioning compressor displacement. The vehicle continues to
    operate; however, the function of the climate system is compromised by the failure mode. The
    customer may report a number of symptoms: cycling temperature within the passenger compartment,
    too cold, too hot, and odor ingress may occur.

Also a software update.
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Thank you @DieselRanger
    Guess my D5 will be getting an oil change and a software update on 18 Sep.
    I wonder if they will update the whole system to Phase 4 or only do the three i listed.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 

thanks DR good to know

• DieselRanger
    United States 

ForlornMTL wrote:
    Thank you @DieselRanger
    Guess my D5 will be getting an oil change and a software update on 18 Sep.
    I wonder if they will update the whole system to Phase 4 or only do the three i listed.

I asked when I went in for my service, and my dealer said there are no service notices or updates for the infotainment system here - mine is the same as it was when I took delivery a year ago. but maybe that's a good thing given the issues with Phases 2-4....

Will be interesting to see if you get one up there in America's Hat. Razz
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum