Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

19MY Vehicle Delivery

Hi All,

Is there anyone on here that has ordered and actually received a 19MY Discovery yet? My order is scheduled for build end of Sep so I am hoping this arrived by early Oct. Talking to the dealer they stated that they have not seen any 19MY vehicles turn up yet. Just wondered if these have started to filter through yet or not. I am also a but confused if WLTP (1st Sep) is going to cause any hold ups.

Thanks
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Mine was built last Friday and the dealer has "called it to site".

I presume it is now being transported by carrier snail from Solihull to Yorkshire (just over 2 hours by road). I don't know how long it will take to get here yet.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Mine is due into the dealer in Croydon on or around 20 September. I was lukewarm over the car when I ordered it to be fair, and now I'm positively excited!

And we really need a section for 2019 MY orders started on here... still only 2017 and 2018...
  • Dougal
    United Kingdom 

Been down to see mine at the dealer Very Happy
    Pickup on Sat 15th and looking forward to it. Too nice to use in anger so I'm keeping my D4 Thumbs Up
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Make sure you talk to your insurance company in plenty of time. It seems that very few of them have the new 306hp SDV6 engine on their list of vehicles so struggle to give a sensible quote.

Mine had to refer it to the underwriters and a few others I tried (including Land Rover insurance were either stupidly expensive or couldn't quote at all)

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Dougal
    United Kingdom 

Will do, thanks for the advice Thumbs Up
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

Mine was delivered to dealers on 6th August. Delivered to me on 29th and registered on the 1st of Sep. I ordered it the day of the change from MY18 to MY19 prices back in May. Very pleased with it. Still preferred the shape of my D4 but that's another story.

Insurance is a pain. The first call to my company (Direct Line) took 45 minutes while they referred it to the broker. Came out that time at £100 cheaper than my D4 which was suspicious. When the docs turned up it was for a Td6/248PS SE not the Sd6/306PS HSE which I have. Next call was about 20 minutes chatting to a lovely lady who said she had done a couple of these the day before including her uncle's. Got it sorted that time although the broker is convinced it's 305PS not the 306PS that Landrover quote but I thought I'd quit while I was ahead. Ended up £100 dearer than my D4 but at twice the value I'm not complaining.

Landrover Insurance wouldn't even touch it without a Tracker, Direct Line don't seem bothered. Personally I'd rather have it disappear than be reunited with a rebuilt wreck.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • Dougal
    United Kingdom 

Called LR Insurance today as my docs hadn't arrived. On the call I was told (like others) that my policy had been referred to their panel of re insurers and that it couldn't be set in force unless my MY19 3.0 HSE had a tracker fitted. They offered a 7 day courtesy cover until I find another insurer.

Saw the note above so phoned Direct Line who couldn't have been better. They referred the car to their Tech Underwriting team who offered to cover the car for approx half the price LR Insurance had originally quoted. No mention of tracker. The lady on the phone was brilliant, confirmed all the details back before saying that they'd had one or two 2019 Disco's recently.

I'll be moving my D4 insurance from LR!

Thanks for the heads up Thumbs Up
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

Glad to help. Had exactly the same experience last time I changed Disco's.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Just found out that mine was built last week... Thumbs Up and its currently somewhere in transit

Dealer expects it to arrive sometime this week so I am hoping I can collect next week. Cant wait...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum