Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Dynamic Grille LR110606 Fitting & images

Have a Dynamic Gloss Black grill turning up today from JLR...it should compliment my ‘black pack’ nicely I hope...
    Dealer service chap told me it is a simple ‘pull/push fit’ once the top screws are removed.
    Has anybody had the grill off/on the D5? any tips greatly appreciated before I start pulling it apart!

Last edited by Capt Pugwash on 2nd Sep 2018 8:59 am. Edited 2 times in total

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

No, but having replaced D3, D4 and even DS grilles, there is normally a couple of plastic screw or tabs at the top of the grille and a couple of tabs at the bottom. Carefully remove if appropriate and pull towards you.

The new one should give you a clue to how to do it.
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Cheers...been watching you tube videos of D3, RRS & Evoque grill replacements...no D5 grill swap vids on YT as yet.

• Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I changed mine. It is very easy. No tools required. Just a bit of a tug after undoing the top clips.
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

👍

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Capt Pugwash wrote:
    Cheers...been watching you tube videos of D3, RRS & Evoque grill replacements...no D5 grill swap vids on YT as yet.

Capt P, you could always be the first to make a video and post it up on YouTube for the benefit of amatuers like myself Thumbs Up

I would like to make videos instead of just taking photos and posting on here, but not got a Scooby Doo about how to upload too YouTube Rolling with laughter

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 3rd Sep 2018 1:27 am. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Sacimiddx
    United Kingdom 
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Capt Pugwash wrote:

Capt P, you could always be the first to make a video and post it up on YouTube for the benefit of amatuers like myself Thumbs Up

I would like to make videos instead of just taking photos and posting on here, but not got a Scooby Door about how to upload to YouTube Rolling with laughter

Job done! didn’t get chance to do a video but took some pictures of the grille swap out...took 20mins plus extra few mins to clean the surrounding area of dust & bugs that had built up around/behind the grille...

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Firstly the before & after shots....

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Part no on the box...I asked my LR dealer to price match a deal by Duckworths and got it for £204 😁

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Removal is straight forwards...undo 4 screws on top and remove the ‘expansion plugs/locators they screw into...

Then carefully but manfully grab & pull with a slight jerk the grille at bottom towards you, this pulls the locators out of the fixings...

Last edited by Capt Pugwash on 2nd Sep 2018 8:48 am. Edited 2 times in total

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

To fit new grille...carefully line up with the bottom locators and give a clean sharp push into place...then reinsert the 4 top plugs & screws. note: do not overtighten the screws, they are purely for plug expansion.

Last edited by Capt Pugwash on 2nd Sep 2018 9:05 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Job done in approx 30mins total...well chuffed with the ‘new dynamic look’ 👍

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Looks great but dusty in there

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, she’s had a autoglym wash & detail today, with particular attention to under the bonnet in that dusty area...amazing just how many kamikaze wasps I found once I had the grille off, radiator also badly ‘bugged up’...

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum