Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pjhum
    United Kingdom 

Finally taken the plunge...

After what seems like ages looking for a used TD6 with a rear camera, roof rails and manual towbar to replace my D4 I've given up.

Better news is I got a good price on a 'stock' 18MY TD6 HSE in Loire blue with the bits I need. The updated engine would have been nice, but no way worth the extra I'd have had to fork out for it- and I've driven a couple of them with no complaints alongside the SDV6 in My D4.

Can't wait for next weekend to pick up my latest and 6th Landrover but first ever new one... thought it was as good an excuse as any to stop lurking and say hello.

Peter
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

welcome, and enjoy.
    I love my TD6, am not bothered about the newer more powerful engine,ours has plenty - almost too much power.

We have been in dartmoor / exmoor 6 people on board, roof box fully loaded, in rock crawl mode for miles, it never missed a beat, loads of torque
  • pjhum
    United Kingdom 

Thanks; I think there's always a bit of a case of wanting things for the sake of it (come to think of it, the whole car fits that description as the D4 hasn't missed a beat yet at 5 yrs and 66000 miles).

I first drove a 4-pot diesel D5 which wasn't slow, it just didn't have the pulling power of my D4 6-pot even though the figures say it is 'faster'.

I don't tow very often, but when I do it is 3 tonnes+ and I really like the way you can hardly tell the trailer is on...

Peter
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

you will enjoy it I have had mine for over a year now and am enjoying every moment. Sure footed in a Canadian winter and a complete joy on a 7000km trip to northern Quebec and Labrador earlier this year

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum