Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pjhum
    United Kingdom 

Fitting side steps.

When I fitted my D4 side steps I found that the cuts were pre marked on the plastics by Landrover.

Does anybody know if the discovery5 undertray is similarly premarked or whether I have to do this by trial and error, or whether there is a template available?

The steps on my current car have saved it from several dings at work so I am keen to fit the new ones as soon as the car arrives (though not keen enough to pay dealer price to have them fitted). Wink

Thanks,

Peter
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

The fitting instructions would suggest this is the same as with the D4, where cutlines are marked. For instructions see here.

On page 4 it states "observe the cut marks on the trim panel". This assumes you are fitting LR side steps.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • pjhum
    United Kingdom 

Many thanks for the reply and the link.

Peter
  • Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Yes, the plastics are marked. Unfortunately I didn’t know that until after I had butchered them fitting my side tubes. I even had the downloaded instructions, but I didn’t read them until after. I can’t blame LR for this one!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum