Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

I believe years gone by cars made on a Friday afternoon were called lemons πŸ‹ and developed problems because the factory workers want to finish early and go to the pub Rolling with laughter but that don't happen now a days Rolling with laughter hopefully

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • max099
    Austria 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Have the exact same issue with my MY 2017. It is literarily raining into my car.
    Iβ€˜m at the dealerβ€˜s for a repair now.

D3 - MY 2008 (gone)
    RRS - MY 2010 (gone)
  • Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

Ive got rid of mine but the dealer where i got rid told me at the weekend my old one has started pi***ng through the top of the windscreen while on the forecourt and it was the 3rd they had that week.

Its a new extra you didnt know you had. Interior water feature.

Quality.

S

D5 2.0L HSE gone Oct 2018 and gladly forgotten.
    Not one day of trouble free motoring.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Oh dear, mine has started letting the rain in now!!

My car was a March 2017 build.
  • Chalkey
    England 

It's not good, take it back to your dealer and get it sorted. Mine had a new windscreen and carpets and it's fine now, I still love the car so I'm hopefully going to enjoy a couple of year leak free. Not sure if I will buy another LR, I will see what happens if I have trouble free motering over the next few years it will be a definite yes.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I was on off-road at Solihull this week driving through a RIVER!
    water was half way up the doors and the front camera was completely submerged.
    I was honestly half expecting to see a boat coming the other way and fishermen on the bank.
    We stopped half way along for a chat for five minutes. The car was in that river for over ten minutes in the plugging rain and no leaks, when we got out no sign of any ingress whatsoever.

Yet Landrover struggle with water leaking through the windscreen - UNBELIEVABLE Rolling with laughter

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Chalkey wrote:
    It's not good, take it back to your dealer and get it sorted. Mine had a new windscreen and carpets and it's fine now, I still love the car so I'm hopefully going to enjoy a couple of year leak free. Not sure if I will buy another LR, I will see what happens if I have trouble free motering over the next few years it will be a definite yes.

Yes, I booked it in this morning, it has never been more than a few months between problems and I think this will be my last Land Rover car.

None have kept me off the road apart from the time in the dealership, but I would need it to be totally fault free for the next year to have any chance of changing my opinion.
  • Chalkey
    England 

Let us know what happens Thumbs Up

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Add us to the list!! We just got into the car after last night's rain. The centre console, headlining ceiling controls and driver's seat were soacked and water was still dripping. It's strange how it has suddenly happened as the car was delivered in March 2017.

Serious discussion with the dealer tomorrow.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I'm thinking it's got to be the sun roof hasn't it?
    I think the top of the windscreen is below the headlining isn't it?
    I don't have my D5 yet so I apologise if I'm way off.

Assuming it IS the sunroof there no way you could have maybe left it not quite closed?
    Worth checking perhaps?

Cheers
    AJ

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Funny you should say that, I have not opened my sunroof for a year at least!

But I also wondered if it be that and not the screen, I guess when it goes in after Christmas they will hopefully find out.
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I don't have a sunroof. It's just a solid glass panel.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

pdes wrote:
    Add us to the list!! We just got into the car after last night's rain. The centre console, headlining ceiling controls and driver's seat were soacked and water was still dripping. It's strange how it has suddenly happened as the car was delivered in March 2017.

Serious discussion with the dealer tomorrow.

Probably brought on by colder weather. I suspect that when the windscreen is removed the dealer will tell you that they found a section of sealant missing. You are lucky it has lasted so long. Easy fix - windscreen out and resealed.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Hi
    Are you saying that water going in through the top of the windscreen can get into the top of the headlining then?
    Surely that means the top of the windscreen is actually higher than the headlining?

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I had condensation on the inside of the windscreen and then felt the damp on the headlining.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum