Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Absolutely not! As said before in both my D4 and D5 the first cooler didn’t cool. Both were replaced and worked very well afterwards. Especially the D5 was really cold, it didn’t take long to cool, half an hour was ok, and really cool drinks, not ice cold, but really like coming out of a normal fridge.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

nebc100 wrote:
    Thanks teaman, but some people here say that their coolers work as well as the ones in the d3 or d5.

The one on mine doesnt even seem to keep things in there cool.

I put is 2x 1/2 litre of chocolate milk the other day. After a drive of 5 hours, it was definitely barely cool, whereas when it was put it, it was straight out the fridge

Is this normal with this type of cooler?

Are there 2 version? One with Led switch and without?

Mine with a LED in the switch works fine, just as on previous cars.
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

It should definitely keep things cold, not immediately but yeah given 30mins or so.

Will drop a thermometer in there with nothing in and see what it reads after 30mins when I take it out next.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

We find that cans of coke are alot colder than cardboard juice cartons. Plastic water bottles seem fine as well, but not as cold as the tins. No issues with cooler at all, and even bars of chocolate are fine, on a hot summers day.
    (Cardboard is a better insulator, as is plastic, as many of you will know).

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 5th Aug 2020 8:26 am. Edited 2 times in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I have tried with plastic bottles of water, and with cardboard cartons. Same thing with both. On a drive, it is not able to keep them cool even if they were cool before going in.

Mine is a 2017 model, with the LED switch to show that it is turned on.

I have just ordered a temperature logger, and am going to run some tests that log the temperature every 10 seconds, so that I can really see if the temperature in the cooler does go down at all.

I will then take this to LR and show them my results if I can show that it isn't working properly.

Otherwise, I will wait until my warranty is over, and then simply install a new one, and see if it is better.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I think you may have a faulty one then am afraid. I even tried it with ice lollys and and ice cream too prevent it from melting on way back from the supermarket, and were still cold when we got home.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

Stuck a thermometer in there when I went to the shop yesterday. Air temp in the fridge dropped about 5 C below ambient in 10-15mins with nothing in it, the internal sides of the fridge though were quite cold like a normal fridge.

One other thing to check perhaps would be the internal arm rest lid - that the rubber seal is in good condition and contacting well with the fridge top edges.
  • Giotest
    Australia 

Leo disco wrote:
    Gents
    Don't worry about coding. It won't fit in. See attached pictures. There is no removable box like the D3 and D4.

Quick question, does the media interface just pop out are there screws, I do have a fridges thats the only difference.
  • Simsy53
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Hi all, it doesn't need programming, but you do need to replace your body control module. Some of the fues pins are missing. Cheaper to make up you own loom.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum