Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ashields
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Phoned the customer care line.

All he could tell me was that it was paid for, suggested that it must have been included in the price of the car.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Craigp wrote:
    Good old land rover I knew they would come good in the end. Very Happy just the other 3 years to pay then Evil or Very Mad

Where did you get your info. I appreciate you are on speaking terms with most of the JLR employee's now. Well maybe not speaking. Laughing

Yes my thoughts exactly, shortchanged for the remaining 3 years, if you keep it that long Sad

Straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, my old dealer who I spoke too this morning told me about the tow bars and road tax.

Well am actually going too the LR Xmas party this year, as on the V.I.P. invite. On first name speaking terms with most of them, plus they are all on my Christmas card list. Am getting put forward for employee of the year apparently, as I have been doing all their work for them free of charge. Phoning Head Office, emailing, writing letters. How charitable of me. Censored Rolling Eyes Sad
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 

Phoned to book my car in for its first service the other day.

Was told they couldn't find any details of my service plan.

Just called the company that administers the plan and I was told the dealer set the plan up, then cancelled it a couple of weeks later. I never received any correspondence so was left thinking I'd somehow got a plan for free.

They told me I could set it up today, but that the price was about £1700 , and the £750 that the dealer had quoted was just a deposit.

What did other people end up paying? All the previous posts on here seem to suggest that £750 would have been the total amount.
  • Craigp
    England 

Cant remember exactly how much i paid the £750 sounds about right but certainly not paid anymore
    after.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Am sure the FE was £750 for the 5 year service plan Shocked

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 13th Jan 2018 10:45 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I think they are having a laugh. It clearly states the price on the builder, plus here is the price I was charged for my wife's SI6 petrol (bottom of the photo).

That's an insult, asking 1k more when they cancelled it without your knowledge or permission. A ring too the dealer I think or LR HQ if they are refusing too charge you original cost Shocked

Am £825 for the 5 year service plan, paying a trifle more for petrol.

Here was me thinking I was getting a cheaper plan than diesel, because of all the Ad Blue that it drinks, but obviously not. Rolling with laughter

• J77
    Scotland 

It was £699 before the D5 was launched but increased to £749 but I got it for the former as that’s what the dealer was quoting.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Jambo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Think mine was around £825 - great value for what you get.
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 

Heard back from land rover this afternoon, the last line of the email sums up their position:

"Regrettably as the concern relates directly to the vehicle sale and discussions that have taken place with your selling retailer, we would be unable to assist further as the vehicle manufacturer."

So I called the dealer again, this time they did get back to me but are not prepared to do anything about it. I got the impression that as far as they are concerned it's just my tough luck.

With this sort of attitude to customer service I think I'd like to find another dealer, has anybody here had any dealings with either Hunters in derby or Stratstone in Nottingham?

Alan
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum