Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

It’s really hacked me off, all JLR want to do is take the Name and contact details of the suppling dealer ?

What exactly is supposed to happen there ? The problem is with the manufacturer not the supplying dealer, and this is where a lot a lot of the bad press is coming from, dealers are the front face but by no means is this their responsibility to sort out on their own.

My dealer is in the process of trying to acquire written consent from the manufacturer that the vehicle is perfectly safe to drive for the 16k miles AND that there are no detrimental effects to the wear of the engine. It’s consumption or performance.
    I wait with baited breath

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I agree that the manufacturers should be more responsible, but the consumer act says the dealer are responsible for the quality of the goods supplied, and so they have the responsibility to resolve.

In practice, from my experience, the dealer negotiates funds from the manufacturer to enable any replacement / compensation, but this is just to save the dealer losing out financially.

As long as the end user is protected I suppose we should be grateful.
  • Labbix

Unfortunately that only counts for your country...
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I'm not sure it is ? i'm the end user and i'm being told that from a manufacturers point of view there is NO increased wear and that the Oil is perfectly fine for 16K miles, The flagging up or counting down of the service level indicator is merely an anomaly and should be by all accounts ignored ?

That being said, there should be no hesitation in honoring the manufacturers warranty for the 14,250 miles i've still yet to complete before it's due another service.

It sounds pedantic from my point but i'm trying to safeguard myself, I'm off to the Alp's in a fortnight and i'm already into the red on service. By their reckoning it's OK for me to ignore this.

What i'm trying to firewall myself against in complete engine failure at 15,000 miles and some one at JLR saying it flagged up a service 13,750 miles ago ! AND You chose to ignore it !

Shocked

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum