Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

I Have Rejected my 17 month old D5 and settled in 1 Month

Well its time to say good bye to my May 2017 D5 HSE LUX

Having owned it for 17 months and driven it for 16,000 miles, it has been in the dealers for at least 6 times in an attempt to resolve the early service request issue, and the issue persisted

On September 26th I formal rejected the car to the dealer,. The rejection was accepted immediately,
    On October 24th I received a good will offer from Landrover together with my old D5 to be credited against a new Land Rover which will be supplied at cost price.
    On October 25th I choose a new car from group stock

This transaction is due to complete on 30th October when I collect my new 2018 R Dynamic Velar HSE

Overall I got back far more than I would have if I had sold the car privately, no hassle, and a discounted new car as well. Very happy..
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Well done, I guess your dealer supported you, good luck with the Velar
  • LukasW
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Which engine? The ingenium engines, even in Velar, are reported to have a balance shaft issue. Compared to that the oil dilution is just a minor inconvenience.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Well it just shows the diversity of an individuals treatment by LR and their dealerships. Apart from the difficulties and venom I encountered by the dealership in a short term rejection before I eventually got my money back - 6 months, I got sod all from LRCS except the ability to sweep things under the carpet! I’ll never forgive them for that.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Yep

Mileage between dealers in the UK does vary - at least we do have the right to reject a car here after more than a year ownership!

I initially made contact with LR customer car via email on March 22 2018, stating I was worried about the issue, and may have to reject the car, and could they assist in resolving the issue and fixing my car

This is something that is completely their remit - liaising with the dealer to resolve ongoing issues, rejecting a car is a dealer driven process.
    I wanted the car fixed as otherwise it was great, so was happy to set the scene in case I had to reject at a future date, and sit back whilst LR CC and the dealer figure it out.
    This worked well for me, between march and October the car went back 3 more times, on the last occasion they had it for 2 weeks.
    This meant when I formally rejected the car LR CC had been assisting here for 7 months and my case number was now very aged. Now I know from my background in IT Operational delivery that aged tickets get discussed very often ( never less than weekly !!) at a very senior level internally as there are often internal penalties to pay, and SLA’s to meet. This defiantly assisted in my speedy acceptance of the rejection and their excellent offer to resolve.

Come next week, I will have a car that is newer than my D5, worth more and much easier to sell than a early TD6. So even if I dont get on with it, I could easily sell and move on.... THough I suspect its a keeper...

My advice is simple, contact LR CC at the earliest possible time, and let them liaise with the dealer to fix the issue - It will always work out better for you - free loan car, the dealer bends over backwards to help, LR CC do all the work and can organise collection and return of your car
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

And I thought north south divide was Watford not Hadrians wall Laughing
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Pcheaven wrote:
    Yep
    My advice is simple, contact LR CC at the earliest possible time, and let them liaise with the dealer to fix the issue - It will always work out better for you - free loan car, the dealer bends over backwards to help, LR CC do all the work and can organise collection and return of your car

Hi,

tried that just yesterday and received the answer from LR Germany today. Saying "We can't help, you need to get in touch with your dealer and clear things out on your own. Good luck." Sad

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Oh dear.

Seems we are luckier here in the uk then Sad
  • Hauser
    Germany 

Yeah... Sad

I hope I can sort things out. Could get nasty though.
    Thing is: The car is awesome! I really like it. But a service every 5.000 miles just isn't acceptable. Sad

Greets,
    Hauser

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

That’s it - my D5 has officially gone, and I have a Velar on the drive way
  • Hauser
    Germany 

Have fun with it and hopefully not a single issue! Smile

Greets,
    Hauser

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

It’s a Landrover, so issues are built in.

Fancied a change, so leveraged my early service issue to make a few quid and replace my car.
    TBH - an extra oil change a year was no problem for me, and good for the car.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum