Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

I've just gone ahead and replaced my 21" wheels with 19" wheels from another Disco 5.

Differences so far is that motorway road noise is appreciably less, and there's a massive improvement to the ride when driving over potholes and speed bumps as the car now feels it has rubber tyres on rather than wooden wheels. Thumbs Up

Downside is that i've not got to put up with the info message telling me that the tyre pressure monitoring system has failed.....

Laurence
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Did the 19" wheels already have TPMS sensors and had those sensors worked on the previous D5?

I'm curious because I intend to have a second set of wheels but when I tried brand new sensors, the car didn't recognise them and I haven't got to the bottom of it yet.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Swapping wheels with different sensors requires the main dealer or similar to alter the CCF settings to work.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Hi have 21in wheels and I'm very happy with the ride quality and sound, I test drove a car with 19in wheels and I carnt remember their being much of a difference. I was told 19in have more body roll driving a around corners, not sure if that true.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum