Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• dgardel
    Italy 

Horror Story!!!

From Facebook Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hi all !!
    Oil Dilution update!!

There’s finally a permanent fix and a couple of cars have done the update already and it works!!

The Service dealership will require the vehicle for 3 days, engine removed, sump removed and the reader sensor changed with a new loom replacement included.
    Then there is a software upgrade and that fixes the issue.

Luckily for me, upon inspection this morning I happen to have the latest sensor fitted ( they actually showed me the difference on their diagnostic machine) and all I had done was the software upgrade.

They finally fixed my issue!!

Please, everyone that has a 3.0td here book in your vehicle and get them to do the same !!!

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I read this on D4 forum so I assume it refers to a D4 not D5, in which case the 'latest' sensor will already be fitted, so unless the new loom makes a difference, which I cannot understand why it should, its only the software update which will have an effect.
  • dgardel
    Italy 

Sorry Mate, at the moment no more infos....
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

harrythespider wrote:
    I read this on D4 forum so I assume it refers to a D4 not D5...

To be fair, it is in the Discovery 5 - L462 thread.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Sorry, can’t resist. Embarassed

Whistle
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Yeah I don't know about this. Seems like LR would be doing this on their test fleet first and then rolling it out as a recall or service campaign.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

IndusD4 but does it concern work on a D4 or D5 ?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

If it is true, then D5 as that is the only place it has been posted. Thumbs Up
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

harrythespider wrote:
    IndusD4 but does it concern work on a D4 or D5 ?

From what I read in one of the replies in that thread on disco4, yes indeed a D5.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Is this for the ones that won’t accept the N222v2 software upgrade ?

Mine won’t resolve the issue but they want it in for 3 days ! Seems funny that they stipulated that many days and are adamant that it can be fixed !

Absolutely sick to the back teeth of this ! oH ! It’s not an Oil Dilution issue either, it’s early service indicator fault !! Going through the rejection process now and not one person is aware of anything relating to Oul Dilution, EVERY single person I’ve spoke to has blamed my driving style though ! It is this that’s set off the early indicator light and not Dilution.

It’s not a fault either, the reason mines been on is because I’m driving it incorrectly, I’ll never buy another Land Rover as long as I live !

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Daft question but has LR said how they should be driven?
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

No, only that “in other instances the fault has been the result of the customers driving style”

I asked how it should be driven, I pointed out that when it was purchased no one mentioned anything about a specific driving style ? I’ve only got one style and it’s my own ?

I have sent an email back to the person who is suggesting that this is my fault expressing my concern, I’ve asked for some one from JLR who can drive correctly to show me how to drive it so that the early service indicator fault doesn’t keep coming back every few thousand miles.

Basically ! They are accepting no responsibility for anything relating to Oil Dilution, it’s just not something that they are accepting. The easy option is to blame the poor sod who’s bought it!

In return for their slack attitude and unwillingness to accept any form of accountability and because they think they can treat their customers like idiots I am going to stop payments. Then when some one turns up I’m going to blame them for me not paying ! Make them take a day off work at their expense to run round after me, Give them crap coffee all day, make them sit about and wait for me for 6 hours before patronising them ! And seeing them again in another two months !!

See who gets miffed first !

See how they like it

• DSL
    United Kingdom 

Hope the rejection goes reasonably smoothly, though I doubt it will happen like that. I said bye to my last LR 6 weeks ago, after 30 years of virtually solid LR ownership, usually with two on the drive, it’s the end of an era in our household. Bit of bangernomics for a while then BMW or, more prob, Volvo in a couple of years. Thumbs Up
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

I know Del, Was on the D3 forum throughout the winter of discontent when your wheelie bin was under a foot of snow,

Rolling with laughter

Border terrier in the snow avatar,

Was on there 7 or 8 years before that on the Def2 forum, prior to that 110’s 90’s s3’s a few lightweights, freelander,

It’s not the company it once was, it’s tried to compete with the big boys and come up wanting, the difference between them and every other manufacturer is quite simple, customer care, Land Rover have never produced reliable vehicles and part of the process was understanding it’s foibles, the thing is you never really knew what was going to happen next... they sorted that out and I know exactly what’s happening next. Oil Dilution.

Customer care now basically involves a case manager opening a case, 3 days later they ring you back and blame you, case closed !

VW got caught in 2015 with the emissions scandal ! What did they do ? Hands up, cough ! Admit it and try to resolve the issue, imagine if that had been an evoque and Land Rover just accepted NO responsibility what so ever ? Then blamed the people of California for wanting cleaner air ?

That would have finished Land Rover off ! Quiet sad really, I’ve had a long lasting relationship with Landys, served in them, lived in them, families grown up in them and what do you get for brand loyalty, treat like an idiot who isn’t capable of driving a modern vehicle without breaking it !

I doubt the rejection will run smoothly, it started badly when the woman in customer care told me I was driving it wrong, got worse when they confirmed that a second time when the lady from The team who are dealing with the rejection put it in an email, They refused to comprehend the words Oil Dilution and can’t find any correspondence relating to previous visits with the dealer and the technical team because that didn’t happen ! Which is also....... wait for it !

MY FAULT Shocked

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum