Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Mightymildred
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Commercial owners, I need your help.

Please can I ask any commercial owners to check the black plastic inserts covering the rear windows.
    Mine are cracked and fragmenting. Nothing large has been in the back to smash into them so I have no idea why this is happening. Please could I ask you to check yours.
    Many thanks
    MM
  • LiftedDisco
    United Kingdom 

Boot area or the rear doors?

I’ve removed the ones from the rear doors but still have the black plastic in the boot area.

This strikes me as very strange - I have had two D4 Commercials (which have been loaded with all sorts of weird stuff...) and never had a problem with the plastic bits... bit of scratching but never outright failure!

Let me know if you need any more information on the D5...
  • babbsy14
    United Kingdom 

I`ve just checked mine and the covers seem to be in good order (april 18 delivery).
    How much trouble was it to remove the covers and does this leave a mess when removed?
    Thanks
  • Soppy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Yulong White

Mine are all ok
  • babbsy14
    United Kingdom 

Re: Commercial owners, I need your help.

Mightymildred wrote:
    Please can I ask any commercial owners to check the black plastic inserts covering the rear windows.
    Mine are cracked and fragmenting. Nothing large has been in the back to smash into them so I have no idea why this is happening. Please could I ask you to check yours.
    Many thanks
    MM

Hi all.
    Update from my post a while back. My commercial window guards on both sides now are cracking along the top where the window would shut on the car type model. Has this happened to other commercial owners. Just taken mine for 2nd year service at Derby Land Rover today and they are saying it was caused by myself. Which is a complete insult tbh.
    Any help would be useful guys.
  • Mightymildred
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

It’s not you! It’s the car!!! Poor fitting and brittle plastic. MY18 and MY19 both affected and both replaced under warranty. They got the MY19 spot on and have had no further problems with that.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum