Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Bumper inserts

Just bought these of eBay, fitted them and they look great

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Looneyfitter
    United Kingdom 

looks decent that got a link? Im also St. Helens. Same colour too lol] Thumbs Up
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

• TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Just ordered some Thumbs Up

I assume you just yank the old ones off?
  • Chalkey
    England 

Yes just gently pull, they look great I will take photos ๐Ÿ‘

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i've tried the "gently" pull but i'm worried that it will snap something off.... so still got to install mine. if anyone does it again please take a video or something lol lol

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Canโ€™t you see where the pegs are on the new one? It should indicate where the old ones are held on.

Personally, Iโ€™ve seen a gentle tug to get a cover off into full blown warfare and more power applied than Hulk Hogan can muster.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

yeah i have but no matter how i look at it it seems as if something is going to snap off and tbh i don't want those covers THAT badly lol

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Most plastics when cold become more rigid and consequently more difficult to bend. I would suggest some gentle heat and if possible behind the cover where the lugs are.
  • Chalkey
    England 

I've fitted bumper in-serts front & rear and I'm very pleased with the look. The front one's I cleaned the bumper warmed the bumper with a hair dryer because they stick better on a warm surface. The rear one's just push in once you remove the original one's

• Chalkey
    England 

Just remembered the SE & HSE has different colour bumpers. The HSE is brighter silver so if you order some off eBay check your ordering the right colour. The front one fit either car ๐Ÿ‘

• BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Looks Great, I've been thinking of doing the same thing with my Corris Grey car but how difficult are the rears to take off? And in relation to the front ones do they interfere with the parking sensors as I've read elsewhere?

I'll keep my eyes open for your car as I'm only in Widnes myself. Bow down

Hse Lux SDV6
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

They have on mine, strangely the better positioned one on the right interferes, but not 100% of the time, so sensors are now turned off until i get around to getting them back off and sticking on again

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Thanks for that, so would you suggest forgetting them or fitting them somehow differently?

Hse Lux SDV6
  • Chalkey
    England 

BlackDog the rear just pop out with a little help with a screwdriver, you can see were the luges are on the replacement one so you can see were its fix in. The front ones do sometimes affect the parking sensors, but I can live with that, because they make the car look so good. I will keep a eye for you to Thumbs Up

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum