Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

New to me D5

After much deliberating about which engine, early oil changes and what have you, have taken the plunge and bought an approved used TD6 hse in santorini black, ebony interior. Car was an ex LR vehicle, and I was assured it had not had issues with early oil changes, so hopefully I have bagged a good one, time will tell!

Only arrived yesterday, and so far really please with it. It is a real step up from the D4, drives so much better, and the interior is a vast improvement. When they first appeared I really disliked the back end, but over time I have got used to it, and anyway from the drivers seat you can't see it anyway Very Happy
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

If you want a car the size of the old D4, there isn’t much option but to go with the D5. I certainly wouldn’t be buying a Disco Sport - again. A dreadful little thing that has no place in the LR line up imho. They’d have been better just leaving the Freelander 2, now that was a good car.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Congratulations on your purchase!
    The back doesn't look bad, it just looks different. As for the extra oil changes I reckon LR are doing us a favour. Judging by the metal content of the oil when people have tested their oil for dilution I think it is a good thing getting the oil changed early.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

It's a great vehicle that's for sure, As said... Try replacing it with something else ! I Can't.

Mines currently being rejected due to the Oil Dilution, Only time will tell if you made the right decision on the TD6, I know for sure i didn't.

I've gotten as far as RRS, maybe an XC90 and i'm trying a new X5 next week.

Not had a glitch with the vehicle at all, nothing electrical, no gremlins or gripes just the dreaded early service, had the updates and that made it worse. The dealer has been fantastic and very profesional so i'm not going to start giving them bad publicity, the major problem throughout has been JLR Customer Services. Absolutely disgraceful and down right rude... They escalete your concern, pass it on to a case manager who then 3 days later tells you that there is NOTHING at all that they can do as far as JLR is concerned there is NO OIL DILUTION Issue and the problem is down to my driving habit.

3 times i've dealt with them and all 3 i got the same response, Nothing to do with them... take it up with the supplying dealer who will tell you the JLR Official Line.

So, hoping that you drive yours differently to mine, and i dont think there is much that can touch it for size, comfort, looks and presence on the road.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Jim4244

Chalky

Let us know your thoughts on the new X5 after you have driven it next week. 👍

Jim
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Will do Thumbs Up

Never owned a BMW, not really a fan but there’s something about the X5 that’s always kept me looking, even now years after their release the first ones still don’t look that bad, probably just me that’s thinking this as my wife’s not convinced,

Had a few at work years back and they went down well,

Saw a new Touareg on the road the other day, that looked pretty impressive, at first glance it looked about as boring as the old one but as it wafted by I raised my interest, a mates just ordered a Kodiaq VRS but I’m not sure I’m ready for Skoda just yet !

Immediately after the Touareg wafted past a D5 Dynamic in grey with all the black accents rounded the corner and it looked absolutely stunning !

Big Cry

Maybe I should just take the bull by the horns and go for the 306bhp twin turbo !

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • bammmy

Hi all,
    After reading all comments, as already said, I’ve gone and grabbed the bull by the horns and ordered a 306hp SDV6 for delivery in March, pretty confident there will be no regrets, fingers crossed 👍
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

For those considering the SDV6 (306), I can say that, from my own personal point of view, I have found it noticeably quieter, smoother, and more responsive that the equivalent TDV6.

I have driven 3 TDV6 Discos across the last few months, and wasn't expecting the swap over to be much of a change. So far I am very pleased and surprised.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum