Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Hedgehog
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Aruba

Gesture Controlled Tailgate

My Disco 5 Lux should have the possibility to open the tailgate via foot gesture. I habe checked several times but it never worked. How can I see if the option is there and where the sensors are placed?

Hedgehog
    Disco 4 Nara bronze gone but not forgotten - Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster
  • Mightymildred
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

This is yet another thing that doesn’t work on my car.
  • Labbix

It’s useless anyway and even a bit dangerous; I go to my car, kids walk around the back of the car and the boot opens to hit them on the head... but I suppose that’s not the answer you want Wink

Here more info: https://disco5.co.uk/forum/post8422.html#8422
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I find it very good

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Hedgehog
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Aruba

Thanks Labbix for the info.
    I will have tomorrow a closer look from underneath.

Hedgehog
    Disco 4 Nara bronze gone but not forgotten - Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Its not 100% all the time. If I wash car with fob in pocket sometimes tailgate opens. If rear valances dirty, sometimes takes a few attempts. Initially tailgate tried to open but immediately shut, solved by silicon spraying tailgate rubber seal. I do find this feature quite useful. Dash button is handy too sometimes.
  • greg-g
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

Mine works very well.
    Even the dog has no trouble opening the tailgate when I'm nearby.

MY19 D5 SD4 SE
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Make sure you do the kick motion under the side of rear bumper, not at the back of the car like on some others. That caught me out initially. I have used several D5's with this. They varied a lot. Some worked every time, some very rarely.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Mrs has it down to a T, as especially handy when carrying her shopping bags and you don't want to end up putting them on the floor on a pile of dog dirt unexpectedly Laughing

I seem to find that standing at right angles to the boot and kicking where the side reverse sensor is located is the sweet spot. Works 90% of the time with the first kick but a few times a double kick is required Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

If these sensors are under the car, do they get obscured by dirt possibly?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I do not use mine much but be careful if you are wearing sandals, yup I burnt my foot last year! Whistle

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Once I worked out it was a straight kick in and out directly behind the NSR wheel, mine works 100% of the time to open and close. Hasn't every operated accidentally either. Only fly in the ointment has been if one of kids is stood behind, when it tends to open a bit and stop, cleverly not hitting them (is it designed to do that? is it that clever?)
  • Labbix

I don’t think so, otherwise it would not hit a low ceiling or wall too close neither when opening accidentally
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I would estimate my success rate on the driver's side to be a very poor 5%. Sad

Washing with the jetwash opens the boot about 10% of the time....very annoying Rolling Eyes

I do better on the passenger's side at about 60% Confused

The dog is the winner, every time she walks past close to the car she scores 100%. Laughing

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Craigp
    England 

Theirs your answer then. Approach the car wagging your tail. Just be sure it is your car. Dog Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum