Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Using carplay after remote start

Has anyone come across issues with carplay not working if the remote start has been used? Anytime I use remote start through the app to pre-heat the cabin I get a message of 'carplay not available' when i try to open it from the screen even though the car shows as connected.

As it's getting colder I'm using it more and it's every time.

I'd be interested to know if it's just mine or a common thing.

Cheers

MY17 Carpathian Grey HSE TDV6, MY18 Indus Silver HSE Lux TDV6. MY20 Lux sd6 Eiger Grey
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I will try this tomorrow...

I've had this same error message, but I hadn't put two and two together until now. I used Remote Start this morning to warm the car up and defrost the screen, but didn't bother trying Apple CarPlay. BUT - I think you may have hit the nail on the head and this is the occasion when it's not been working for me...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Yes I have the exact same problem.

It’s listed as an cured issue in 18d. I have stopped using remote start- just as it’s getting cold!

Need another reason to go back to the dealer and get 18d- probably the next oil service (!). Although I have read that there are cars getting bricked so 18d updates are on hold?

Jon
  • Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

My rear view camera does not seem to work after a remote start, I have to switch the infotainment off and on again to get it to work - looks like some sort of software glitch Rolling Eyes
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Tested it tonight and yup, no CarPlay after remote start.

But I do at least have cameras...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I can confirm that the "CarPlay not available" issue after remote start is fixed with 18D.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum