Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Heated steering wheel

Is there a way to adjust the level of heating of the steering wheel?
    Just used it for the first time and gets really hot after a while.
    With my other cars there is a setting to connect it to the heating of the seats, which means it gets the low, medium, full heating instead of the pure on/off.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Have wondered this on several occasions - even wondered about flagging it as a fault with the dealer because some areas of the wheel get seriously hot. Like not that far off "ouch hot!".

But then, when it did it last week and it was -2 outside, I realised I quite enjoyed the pain of that scorching heat to keep me really warm, and there are always cooler places on the wheel to hold. It's never super super hot all the way around.

Figured in the end it was a nice problem to have, and better than it being only moderately warm!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I want a cooled steering wheel. The solar heated one I have gets seriously hot, in particular the top half when parked in the sun.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

The reason it gets so hot and the seats as well on the max setting is so you can feel the heat through gloves / thick winter clothing.

That’s how I was told anyway...

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Interesting point, does it have 3 levels linked to the heated seats?

I must admit I always "spin" the heated seats straight up to 3 and then turn it off when I am cooked!
  • Labbix

Not the D5 I think, but my VW and Audi have
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

If I remember correctly, the temperature of the steering wheel has a number of "profiles" based on ambient temperature. These are pre-set, but the temperature bands could be modified in the CCF.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum