Hello

[img][/img]
  • Whippetman
    England 

New to me Aintree Green aka BRG😎
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Welcome Whippetman. I only got my D5 last week so we are in similar boats but welcome.

I’ve been very impressed myself but you’ll find that there’s a lot of reading to do. It’s like being back at school. Laughing
  • Whippetman
    England 

Hi and thanks for your kind message
    Fell for this for some instant gratification against all my common sense.
    I’ve been around with FL2, RRS 1 &2 DS and now this monkey.
    It’s ex LR vehicle with excellent spec so fingers crossed she will behave, 2.0L and 2 year warranty
    Hey ho here we go!
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

It sounds lovely and its reassuring to have the two years warranty just in case. I love the Aintree green colour which I think particularly suits the D5 and the FFRR.

Enjoy it and let me know what you think of the 2.0 and the ride quality if those are the 22 inch wheels and not the 20 hse ones. Anyway happy motoring.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Thumbs Up For Aintree Green. Love mine, but it does show the muck a lot more than my previous grey.
    Waiting until warmer weather then paint protection will be applied.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Whippetman
    England 

BlackDog wrote:
    It sounds lovely and its reassuring to have the two years warranty just in case. I love the Aintree green colour which I think particularly suits the D5 and the FFRR.

Enjoy it and let me know what you think of the 2.0 and the ride quality if those are the 22 inch wheels and not the 20 hse ones. Anyway happy motoring.

Will do😊
  • Whippetman
    England 

So I think these grey plastic bits front and back have to be sprayed matt black anyone done same?
  • unido
    United Kingdom 

I have had mine sprayed Santorini Black to match in with the rest of my car. Looks awesome and a top job.

Just get someone proper to do the work as I have heard of peeling. It's all in the prep. Where are you based?
  • Whippetman
    England 

North Somerset/ Bristol area 😊
  • unido
    United Kingdom 

The nearest people I know who have done similar work on Disco 5's is Luton, probably a tad too far!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

What about a vinyl wrap?
    Probably cheaper and more durable than painting it.
    Far less prone to the paint flaking, and alot more resistant too stone chips Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Whippetman
    England 

This is my preferred option and looking at a reliable company😎
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Hi welcome, a fabulous colour, once you’ve colour coded if put photos on the site. Thumbs Up

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Also no messy paint or overspray to worry about, and far easier to replace if damaged. Just peel off and redo it. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum