Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• tonigmr2
    United Kingdom 

Can things be retrofitted?

Specifically heated steering wheel and centre console fridge?
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

On the D4, it was a hardwire only for the heated steering wheel - some argued it needed coded, but I didn’t find that.

Needed a new clock spring and heated wheel, which wasn’t cheap, but it was an easy job.

On the D5, I just made sure I had one to start with. Took the guess work out of it.
  • tonigmr2
    United Kingdom 

Yes but I’ve found one with a fab spec only missing these two items.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I never had a heated steering wheel before, but now I have, I wonder why they're not standard, The centre cubby fridge, had one, got one but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I can't imagine that it would be impossible to retrofit a heated wheel, it's just the cost.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Heated steering wheel is a must,my Discovery sport had one. But my Discovery 5 hasn’t Big Cry
    I’ve got to say auto high beam on our head lights is brilliant

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Think the D4 heated wheels rrp was roughly £480, Dan at Duckworths reduced it to £250, clockspring £160, new steering wheel switchgear £70, so £500 cheapest all in I’d say if it can be done and you won’t know that until you go to instal it.

High beam auto is quite good, but not infallible, I end up having to check it with incomings.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

agreed the Auto High beam is often slow to dip when approaching an older car with dimmer lights than the new LED's and now and then flashes the person coming the other way, due to the time gap between vehicles apporaching. I still tend to leave it on mind you...and I do rather like my adaptive headlamps

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

adaptive headlamps I haven’t got them Big Cry I thank Landrover have got it wrong safety kit should be included, and luxury extra’s you pay for. On our Discovery SE I payed for lane departure warning, front parking sensors, some rear side motion detector system and a rear camera. A car of this size they should be included in the price as standard.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I can only thank JLR for the adaptive headlamps, since they spec'd them with whichever pack it was they added (was it the one with surround cameras? was it the one with Head Up display, I can't work out which is which lol)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

Takes a while to work out how the adaptives actually adapt, it's not as obvious or distinct as on previous models. I agree with Dangerdave and Chalkey in regard to the AHBA.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

thats one heck of a spec you have there Harry!

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

Yep Mordred it is, couldn't resist it at the price, an almost identical one at a different stealer was 5k more!!!
    Looking at your profile it seems very similar to yours.

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

You have the LUX tho, I would trade a couple of the toys (some of which will never be used) for an opening roof...

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

Almost LUX, didn't want rear entertainment, the opening roof does get used though it wasn't a priority but glad it's there, motorised blinds are confusing, bit disappointed with headlights, they don't appear to be as bright as previous model. Stereo...awesome, no distortion even when cranked way up high Whistle . reverse lights are rubbish but plan on supplementaries as per site. Still 'finding' features not on previous cars. Latest 'addition' new set of alloys with AT3's, just want some snow now Laughing

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I find the headlights a little odd. they're extremely white and bright (excellent) but as a few have said hardly notice the adapting. I had Xenon's on my Volvo, which were nowhere near as bright, but they were "active bending" which was cool as they turned with the steering.

I love the Head-Up display, but wouldn't pay £1k for it, the stereo is as you say outstanding (tried being a child to see how loud could get it, the actual kids told me off)

Loving the timed climate, only shame is that the APP won't turn it on from the phone only start the engine.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum