Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Loire Blue interior options

We are in the final stages of speccing our Discovery HSE Luxury Cool

Pretty much decided on Loire Blue, but it's very difficult to choose between the interior colours.

Glacier seems a nice option, but not sure if it will feel a little cold.

Light Oyster good too but unsure about brown carpets.

Leaving vintage tan, does that appear too orange?

Any opinions or interior pics in varying lights appreciated Smile Doesn't have to be against a LB exterior.
  • Labbix

I have some pics and will try later as get an error uploading the files... I have the ‘orange’ leather. Although I was told it’s the same color as in the jags, it seems a whole less orange in my car (at dealer had only seen it in a jaguar).
  • Labbix

Exterior is silicon silver, but with tinted windows who cares about combination in vs outside... I didn’t Wink

Here you go: the leather does get stained from jeans etc, added a detail pic as well from the drivers seat:

• Labbix

I do think however that the inlets you choose make a big difference... we ordered ‘charcoal black’ but got ‘brown’.

I still don’t like this color combo and if someone would have the combination vintage leather with charcoal inlets, would love to see a picture from that!

Here a pic from our D4, if that color would have been an option, we would have opted for this again, but not available in our market, maybe in yours, no idea.

• gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Re: Loire Blue interior options

Equilibrium wrote:

Pretty much decided on Loire Blue, but it's very difficult to choose between the interior colours.

Any opinions or interior pics in varying lights appreciated Smile Doesn't have to be against a LB exterior.

I’ve gone with a Loire blue HSE.
    Black seats
    Ebony/ black headlining.
    I’m not a fan of wood so have gone with the dark satin brushed aluminium trim

I would’ve loved to go with the vintage tan leather as I think that compliments/contrasts the blue really nicely. Vintage tan only available on Windsor seats though, so not available on my build.

Either black or vintage tan don’t forget the headlining and trim options or you’ll kick yourself.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Labbix wrote:

I do think however that the inlets you choose make a big difference... we ordered ‘charcoal black’ but got ‘brown’.

I still don’t like this color combo and if someone would have the combination vintage leather with charcoal inlets, would love to see a picture from that!

Here a pic from our D4, if that color would have been an option, we would have opted for this again, but not available in our market, maybe in yours, no idea.

Labbix - thanks so much, your wide range of pictures is just what I am looking for. I am ok with the jeans marking the seats - have spent almost 3 years in a BMW with oyster leather. Dr Leather wipes often needed and just the ticket!

Yes, we'd go charcoal black with this trim or maybe the satin aluminium.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

gavinadams wrote:
    Equilibrium wrote:

I’ve gone with a Loire blue HSE.
    Black seats
    Ebony/ black headlining.
    I’m not a fan of wood so have gone with the dark satin brushed aluminium trim

I would’ve loved to go with the vintage tan leather as I think that compliments/contrasts the blue really nicely. Vintage tan only available on Windsor seats though, so not available on my build.

Either black or vintage tan don’t forget the headlining and trim options or you’ll kick yourself.

That's interesting...Windsor is standard on the HSE in the UK.

'Don't forget the headlining' - this means that the light headlining doesn't work with vintage tan, right? My dealer keeps telling me to go for black headlining. I've only sat in black leather cars, one with light headkining, one with dark. The light car lacked the sunroofs (SE), so the light colour there was a much needed relief.
  • Labbix

For the inlets I would love to see some pics as well for the combo:

- vintage with charcoal black
    - vintage with satin aluminum

As I might swap my MY18 for a MY20 later this year.

And specs differences are indeed huge between different markets!
  • gavinadams
    Australia 

Equilibrium wrote:

That's interesting...Windsor is standard on the HSE in the UK.

'Don't forget the headlining' - this means that the light headlining doesn't work with vintage tan, right? My dealer keeps telling me to go for black headlining. I've only sat in black leather cars, one with light headkining, one with dark. The light car lacked the sunroofs (SE), so the light colour there was a much needed relief.

Yes quite a bit of difference between UK and AUS standard specs.
    Eg Windsor seats only standard on HSE luxury
    Also in aus standard roof is no sunroof. (Not a problem for me as I’m going to put on front runner slim line 2 racks so that would block most of the roof windows anyhow)

My preference would be vintage tan with the black (for dash and door sides) plus the black headlining. The pics above show the light headlining, that’s just not my preference. I think extending the black over the top looks better.

I’m sure you’ve used the online build tool that will let you play with all the leather and trim options.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Labbix

Must say I’ve hesitated a while between the light and dark headlining, but the wife said that all black would make the interior feel smaller and she likes the more spacious feeling.

After all it was she that wanted a D5, so no room for discussion left for me Wink

Imagine her face and looks when she saw it had brown inlets and not the charcoal ones as per order...
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

The light headlining is tempting for the airiness. If black wasn't a cost option perhaps I'd take it though, which probably tells me what my preference is if i ignore my wallet!
  • gavinadams
    Australia 

It’s interesting I’ve never thought about the black headlining till the sales person suggested it.

My current car which I’m trading in for the D5 is all black interior except for light headlining.
    Since I’ve known that black headlining is a thing I can’t help but look at it and think, that would look so much better in black.

If you able to visit some other Land Rover dealerships and see if you can see it in person with some different colour options, hopefully one of them might have the black headlining for you to compare.

When your dropping 6 figures on a new car, get exactly what you want for what you’re willing to spend
    I’ve done that with my build, the downside being I ordered back in November and my delivery is now not till late May.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum