Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hi wineman, that's no problem I understand we are all busy working. Well that's splendid news, exceeding your expectations sounds promising. Am glad that your impressed with it. Stick a few photos up if you have some time cheers Smile 👍👍👍👍👍

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 15th Mar 2017 2:03 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Craigp wrote:
    Might be wrong but I didn't think the 1st edition had the option of a factory fit towbar.
    I seem to be getting quite confused as I'm juggling 3 discovery 5 forums. Laughing

Hi Craig your right. The First Edition does not have a factory fitted towbar option. It's dealer fit only. Plus the car was locked out before Xmas. Only after Xmas could you add certain accessories like the tow bar, flaps, etc.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 18th Mar 2017 11:23 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Re: 1st Edition Arrived.

Wineman wrote:
    Hi Road Runner, yes my 1st Edition was delivered to me last Thursday. Apologies for not posting before now, but I've been travelling on business. The car is fantastic, exceeded my expectations. Ive only done the school run and one trip to Gatwick, but very impressed by it so far and pleased with the choice. The electronic tow bar was not installed by the dealer , due to being out of stock, and they are estimating June! We tow frequently so the dealer has agreed to lend us a car if need, although I do have access to other cars with tow bars.

There were a few features (adaptive cruise control
    , front massage and homelink)that I assumed where on the 1st Edition and are not, but going back to the brochure I've concluded that I should have paid more attention to the spec! Still very pleased!

I was told by dealer that massage seats were on the 1st edition and they were also in the first copy of the brocher that was released as with the 1st build programme

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hi Russell,
    is there any chance that you or anyone out there has an electronic copy of the First Edition brochure, i.e. the first build programme, (UK spec brochure)

It also stated the car came with a TV, but updated brochure has omitted this, and now that my complaints been escalated too Head Office they want proof. Plus am more than happy to mention the omission of the massage seats which am sure i also picked up on earlier - we are getting shortchanged Rolling Eyes

Cheers Thumbs Up
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

I wish I had as I would also be going back to them but alas I don't have a copy.

If anyone finds one can they ping me a copy as well

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thumbs Up cheers

Lr are accusing me of being on the international website which i never accessed until a few weeks ago too prove a point.

I sent snapshots of the First Edition with £, $ and Euros proving i was on the UK website Sad
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

The copy I had was sent from LR direct but I cannot find it now Big Cry

• Rstebbings
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Looks very nice Thumbs Up

MY20 D5 HSE Lux - Carpathian Grey
    MY17 RRS Dynamic - Corris Grey
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Russell wrote:
    Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    OK I will do, once I get my car, whenever that is?? Sad I did the flaps on D4 myself really simple. Just a case of pulling the inner plastic liner off a bit if I remember correctly, with a few poppers. Mind you hopefully someone will put it up on you tube very shortly. I am already getting a pricematch on the towbar/ electrics and roof rails. Whistle I did ask and labour was £100/105 an hour. Will see what he comes back with figure wise plus am talking the 5 year servicing pack also, so he said will work out a deal.

The side steps are easy to it according to the fitting instructions there is no riv nut tool required. I am currently looking at a much better option in my view for the side steps but watch this space and see what comes about over the next few weeks. Link to side step fitting http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2017002

As for mud flaps the LR ones use sticky tape to attach and also drill through the rear bumper on the face that you see to if the mud flaps are taken off a hole is left. I do not like that and am looking at other options.

Rear fitting
    http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2017008

Front fitting
    http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2017008

Hi Russell thanks for the instructions, really helpful. Thumbs Up I put the flaps and side steps on both the Fl2 and D4 myself. Steps were aftermarket but flaps were not. Anyway am just an amatuer compared too Duckworths who are the experts Smile. I was just quoting what they told me over the phone, ie that the steps were a royal pain too fit. Also I should have clarified about using the riv nut tool as I was referring to the aftermarket steps and assumed incorrectly that the factory ones needed the riv nut tool also. Apologies. With regards too the flaps I was told it was a simple 5 min job, but Duckworths never told me about drilling the bumper Sad . Anyhow I have decided the garage is fitting the flaps now, plus I dont fancy damaging the glass roof as the roof bars are a pain to fit Duckworths said, plus I think the head liner has to be removed also. Duckworths recommended getting the garage to fit the roof bars as potential too scratch the roof paint or crack the glass roof. If garage damages it then they can sort it Thumbs Up Laughing
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Hi Russell,
    is there any chance that you or anyone out there has an electronic copy of the First Edition brochure, i.e. the first build programme, (UK spec brochure)

It also stated the car came with a TV, but updated brochure has omitted this, and now that my complaints been escalated too Head Office they want proof. Plus am more than happy to mention the omission of the massage seats which am sure i also picked up on earlier - we are getting shortchanged Rolling Eyes

Cheers Thumbs Up

UK spec First Edition brochure here:

http://www.landrover.co.uk/Images/All_New_...307204.pdf

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks for that sports coupe 😀
    Just out of curiosity what do you drive sports car wise?? MUSTANG?? Thumbs Up
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

I got this nickname long ago when I had a 1986 Camaro SportCoupe trim. I pulled the little carbureted 5.0L and installed a fuel injected 6.2L stroker motor with heads, exhaust and cam making about 500hp base. It ruined higher end Z28 and IROC's with just my base SportCoupe trim.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Nice too see a fellow petrolhead on here. Wow thats some serious power. I thought I was doing well with a 2.5 litre, 350bhp engine Laughing Thumbs Up
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

RR
    Roof bars don't need headlining removed they are easy to fit have the instructions if you want
    As for side steps there will be some quality ines out very soon that will provide protection to side of car as I am going to York Monday to have car laser scanned so the company can start to produce products Whistle Thumbs Up
    Watch this space

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum