Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Mac
    United Kingdom 

First Edition Farallon Black

Hi all
    Picked up my car yesterday and I have to say I think it's superb! Really pleased with it. Those of you who are still waiting for delivery you will not be disappointed I'm sure of it.
    It looks fantastic and even the back end is already growing on me!
    It's very quiet on the road and the engine is super smooth. I remember thinking the dealer car I test drove felt a little slow off the mark, but having spent longer driving my car I now don't think that is the case, the power is just fine. There is less roll than D4 which is good.
    It feels bigger on the road than D4, particularly when parking it, but will soon get use to it. I took out the alloy insurance as I suspect the 22" alloys won't last 2-3 years without a scrape.
    The build quality of the cabin and materials are excellent, a massive step up from D4. It feels very luxurious. The internal cool blue led lighting is really nice and ambient lighting looks good too.
    The infotainment is quick with lots of features, far more than we will ever need, I'm probably only a third of the way through figuring it out. I've installed a SIM card which gives extra features. I've also used the remote app and navigation app both of which work well and are a step up from the ones on my BMW.
    The gesture tailgate takes a bit of getting use to, your foot has to go right to left to open it and vice versa to close, you can soon look a bit daft dancing around at the back end trying to get it to work!
    The tailgate is big and care will be needed when opening near other cars / walls etc.
    As others have said the cameras are very clear, much better than D4.
    The park assist seems to work, only tried it once, not sure I will really use it though.
    It feels more spacious in the second row, leg room good, but I still think the second row seats are far too low but we can live with that. The driving position is excellent, seats very comfortable.
    I did question some weeks back whether I should have bought RRS instead given price of First Edition but now it's arrived I'm glad I didn't!
    So there you go.....I don't think I will be getting a call to co-host Top Gear but I hope it helps for those of you still waiting for delivery.
    Cheers
    Mac
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Great report, just have to wit for my car now Thumbs Up
  • Wineman

Nice one Mac! I've got the very same on order and hoping for delivery next week! Can't wait! Publish photos please!

2017 Disco5 First Edition (On Order)
    2013 Disco4 HSE Luxury / 2012 Disco4 HSE
  • Craigp
    England 

Thanks for that. Only a month to go Big Cry
  • J77
    Scotland 

Makes me feel better, I'm hoping to collect mine on Saturday 25th. Dealer says it's possible but tight.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

Wineman wrote:
    Nice one Mac! I've got the very same on order and hoping for delivery next week! Can't wait! Publish photos please!

Hi Wineman I would publish photos if I knew an easy way to do it?? Not sure if you've seen a Farallon black in the flesh yet. Mine was the first I'd seen, I think it looks great, black grill with silver wheels set it off! I've also added side steps which look neat too.
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    Thanks for that. Only a month to go Big Cry

Hang in there!! Thumbs Up
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

J77 wrote:
    Makes me feel better, I'm hoping to collect mine on Saturday 25th. Dealer says it's possible but tight.

I see you've got heated steering wheel, it works great! First car I've had with it.
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

jimbg wrote:
    Great report, just have to wit for my car now Thumbs Up

How long have have you got to wait??
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The build date is today!! Thumbs Up Not sure how long I will have to wait after that, hopefully in March!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Mac wrote:
    Wineman wrote:

Hi Wineman I would publish photos if I knew an easy way to do it?? Not sure if you've seen a Farallon black in the flesh yet. Mine was the first I'd seen, I think it looks great, black grill with silver wheels set it off! I've also added side steps which look neat too.

Do you know how to upload to Photobucket or the Disco4 forum?
  • Mac
    United Kingdom 

I didn't....but I do now thanks.....see if this works

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Mac861/library/
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

First Edition

Hi Mac,
    that's a stunning motor absolutely superb mate. Love the colour and the silver wheels make a brilliant contrast. Am just glad there was not a black wheel option as that would have been too much. I think it needs silver wheels too break it up. Anyhow how's the ride on the 22s?? I was told 20 plus makes the ride harsher. The side steps and mudflaps really finish it off. Any thoughts on car polishes, waxes or shampoos. 👍 😁
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Very nice, yes agree black wheels would have been too much

Loving everyone's choice..... hope I like my own Embarassed

Thumbs Up

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Black on black

Hi Peter, what model have you ordered??
    Yes I think black seems too hide the pattern of the wheel. I did have a set of 21 inch 2 tone polished wheels on order but they start too flake and oxidise apparently . Just a pity they did not have a gunmetal grey or graphite wheel colour as I would easily opted for that option instead of silver wheels.

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 4th Mar 2017 12:34 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum