Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Looneyfitter
    United Kingdom 

Tow assist.

My17. Anyones tow assist not work? I input all the dimensions but the screen doesn't go green
  • RAW
    England 

Have you got the sticker on the trailer?
  • Looneyfitter
    United Kingdom 

Hi mate sorry what sticker?
  • RAW
    England 

That will be the problem, for the tow assist to work you must have surround cameras and the target sticker on the trailer within the area showing on the screen, the screen will then go green and you will get instructions to calibrate trailer, ie drive in a straight line for a distance. The stickers use to come with the d4 in the glove box if surround cameras were factory fitted, the sticker stays on the trailer so if more than one trailer you need more stickers, i took mine to a sign writer who made me some more. It’s basically 3 black circles in a triangle formation. It’s a bit of a gimmick to be honest as they didnt like sticking to my Ifor Williams trailers as all galvanised. Think there ok on horse boxes or trailers with a headboard. Plant trailers are a no go. If you go on disco4 .com and search for tow assist sticker you will find lots of info
  • RAW
    England 

This is the sticker , i stuck this on a wooden frame and placed it on the bucket rest of my plant trailer just to play around with setting it up Thumbs Up
  • greg-g
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

Sticker part no is
    LR023378
    Unfortunately on my box trailer the sticker is just at the bottom of the green box and isn't reliably picked up.
    Does anyone else have this issue and is it possible for L/R to move the green box?

MY19 D5 SD4 SE
  • Looneyfitter
    United Kingdom 

Ah that makes sense then. I have surround so will buy the sticker.

I'm towing a caravan. What does the two assist actually do? Cher's
  • RAW
    England 

When you reverse with trailer connected the yellow guide lines show the path the trailer wheels are taking, to be honest i reverse on my mirrors so never really needed to use it, i think on the D5 it helps you to see what way to turn the control knob if you have that function fitted. It’s not available on the commercial so cant help on that
  • greg-g
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

It gives you the predicted trailer path in the same way the reverse camera gives you the cars path.
    Google gives a full explanation.
    You can also control the steering via the rotary knob.
    I never use it as my trailer backing isn't too bad and I'm often in confined spaces where I have to watch where the nose of the car is while backing.

MY19 D5 SD4 SE
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Here is what it does:

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum