Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Jevs
    United Kingdom 

First Month's Experience

Hi, one month since I took delivery and over 1300miles (driving purposefully in prep for my towing in a couple of weeks.)

I love the car, and have only experienced a few glitches , namely -

Front door speak rattles when playing some tracks (...I'm not a Drum and Bass fan , just in case you picture me with arm out the window with a baseball hat on ) .

InfoTainment System. A few issues when starting and then maneuvering before the system has "warmed -up". - Such as not able to operate the surround cameras ; 360 PDCs not showing up in the colour , no alerts , just grey indicator bars - even when very close to obstacles; System completely locked-up , unresponsive to any menu options.

When sun roof shades open, a slight rattle.

I've not returned to dealer to check, but with my Disco 4, the dealer was unable to fix any similar infotainment issues. - Coincidentally, this week on the 22:30 from Frankfurt, to Birmingham I sat next to one of the Gaydon engineers who worked on the standard system fitted to L462..and others. He wasn't at all surprised about these sort of problems. !

Also, the pre-paid 500Mb SIM was only sufficient for 1000miles.

Best features I found so far -

Fantastic Ride, quiet and smooth.
    Gesture tailgate - once I worked out how to do it properly
    Adaptive Speed limiter - great way to protect licence, especially as it changes with the road limits

Looking forward to towing my 2 Tonne Swift Elegance in a couple of weeks. I've checked out the wiring by reversing up to van. All seems well, bulb test feature is great, and although the van has all LED lights, the trailer indicator conformation light works as well. Just about to remove the paint from the towball.

I have the 3 circle calibration sticker for trailer assist set-up , but don't suppose I want to attach such an ugly thing to the front of the van (even if the surface were perpendicular to the ground). Seems like a great idea in principle , but in reality ? I will check with other Disco owners of the caravan owners club to see if they have mastered i!.

The disco 5 roof rails are a little wider apart than the disco 4 - so I have had to replace my 120CM bars with 127CM ones.

I am so pleased that I made the upgrade to another disco..

J
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Good to hear you are happy Jevs.....Me too. Had my car for six weeks or so and have covered half of your mileage but it's still a good place to be Thumbs Up

Hse Lux SDV6
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

You'll get used to the boot up time of the infotainment and the fact its no use for the morning recerse off the drive (even the parking sensor beep is strangled during that time)

Once its up and running i have little problem, other than it taking probably 30 seconds to recognise android auto every time the phone is plugged in

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

Reverse camera does work immediately with mine, but it’s a smaller view than the ‘normal’ one, which takes the 30 sec indeed.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum