Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

We cross-shopped the D5 and RRS (MY2017) and we chose the D5 because it was more versatile and we got a lot more for the money in that model year.

If all you're going to do is drive on the road and you don't need the 3rd row, then I think the RRS is a better choice. The seats are more comfortable and it handles much better on road, though now that Adaptive Dynamics is available on the D5 the margin is a bit slimmer.

If you need a 3rd row, haul stuff, and/or like to go offroad, the Disco is the better choice.
  • maffffster
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Managed to negotiate a deal to have the tow bar fitted, although he did try to up sell me to the electric one lol told him I’m happy to have the electric one for the same price .... funnily he said no lol
  • RiverBlanche
    United Kingdom 

Good result

thats what we did when buying the RRS Thumbs Up
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

mcunnin my wife the same, she prefers the RRS over the Discovery. But for me the it’s the Discovery all the way, I do think the RRS does feel more premium even we you compare it to a Discovery HSE Lux perhaps once they bring an all new RRS I might change but until then I’m sticking with my Discovery.

I’ve also noticed all the car critics give the Discovery a score of 5 and the RRS only a 4, I driven both cars and both are great but the Discovery felt fresher and more modern. My opinion doesn’t count for much anyway and it’s a fabulous colour 👍

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

My wife prefers the Disco over the RRS as well, particularly for its more relaxed, less in your face, image.

Practicality-wise, the Disco has the RRS beaten on all counts, but there is a slightly more luxurious feel to the RRS - and in particular the Autobiography with semi-aniline leather everywhere is a major step over the RRS HSE Dynamic or D5 HSE Luxury (which are the close competitors in my view).

For me, though, both JLR cars really nail it over the German competition for a sense of occasion, space and luxury. The Germans are high quality but bring some overdone 1980s nightclub features (Mercedes, I’m looking at you) or sterility (Q7/X5). Wish JLR had something close to iDrive though.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Labbix

Haha Equilibrium, I follow you, spot on!

>> The Germans are high quality but bring some overdone 1980s nightclub features (Mercedes, I’m looking at you) or sterility (Q7/X5). Wish JLR had something close to iDrive though. <<
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum