Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• maffffster
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Activity key

It would appear that my soon to be D5 had the Leisure Activity key option added to it, but the dealer is not sure if he has the key.

Does anyone know roughly how much a key and synchronisation would be ?

thanks
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Surely if the dealer is selling the vehicle with the key specced, he should provide the key with it paired to the car, Mine did.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • maffffster
    United Kingdom 

You'd think so - however as the car was spec with the system from brand new, he's say the previous owner never sold it with the car
  • Labbix

Have you seen here: https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread1553.html

And maybe DangerDave still has one, 2 months ago at least Wink
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

I paid £50 to have mine coded in by the LR dealer. It’s a two minute job.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • NightFox
    United Kingdom 

maffffster wrote:
    You'd think so - however as the car was spec with the system from brand new, he's say the previous owner never sold it with the car

Does that mean the previous owner could still get into your car, or does it only work if the real key is inside/next to the vehicle too?
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

I know you car has to be in the car before the activity key will work. I'm presuming LR have factored that in for unlocking too. Qualify this with your dealer.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • Labbix

Your smart key should be in the car, then you have 30 seconds (if I remember well) to activate the activity key. Otherwise the activity key is just a ‘dumb’ rubber bracelet. But if I were you I would ask the dealer to reset the system and program your new key for the car to be sure the old one is erased. Not sure how many activity keys you can actually program for 1 car, maybe it’s only one, but I suppose more than 1. That’s why I would do the reset.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Thats not actually correct.
    if you have the activity key you can lock and unlock the car without a smart key being in the car or near the car.
    I have done it to check if it works or not.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Labbix

Russell, you are right! Just checked with my car and am very surprised! This is not what was explained to me, and I actually would prefer it would not open/close the car if the smart key is not around. Makes me even wonder more how many activity keys can be linked to 1 car or how to erase a ‘lost’ activity key.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

You can certainly link at least two to a car.
    Even if the Smart key isnt in the car and you get in with the activity key you still cant start the car but you could nick goods from car

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Mafffster,,, was there any reference to the activity key in the dealers advert? if there was, then the dealer must supply it, programmed to the car,

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • maffffster
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the replies, the dealer contacted me today to say that if they didnt have the key they would make sure the key was deleted from the car. However he has since found the key .... Yippee
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum