Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• LPan
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Help with Live and Pro services pls

I picked up my MY17 TD6 yesterday and need some help with the live services please.

On a RRS I had a few years ago it would pick up safety cmeras and alert you if you were approaching as well as traffic updates. I was told by the dealer that the only way to get this nowadays is through a SIM card service. Is that right? But as I drove home from the dealer it was picking up a few cameras on the M1 so I'm a little confused.

Can someone clear it up for me please?
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

The ones it was picking up were probably fixed ones on a satnav map?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The camera database is built into the sat nav.

You should have the remainder of the 3 years of services. To get the live traffic you will need a SIM card or connect your phone as a hotspot.

Create an account here: https://incontrol.landrover.com/jlr-portal-owner-web/login

There is a help button to a PDF file.

and here: https://www.landrover.here.com/#home/0

The second one will also give you access to map updates.

Hopefully the previous owner or dealer has "released" the VIN?
  • LPan
    United Kingdom 

Thank you. I've just ordered a SIM card and set up those accounts. I believe once SIM is in the car I sign in and its good to go?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Should be!!

There is a new map version today, so if you have a 32GB stick then you can pass the time downloading that! Whistle
  • LPan
    United Kingdom 

How do you do that please and how do you know a new map is available? If I have a SIM card in the car then will it not automatically download when a new map is available?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

You will get a message on the car screen telling you about the update.

20+GB is too much to send via a SIM, you will find the map download on the HERE site I posted above

Also do a search on map update, I posted instructions sometime befog.
  • LPan
    United Kingdom 

Ah Ok, makes sense. Thanks once again. I've just gone back in to the HERE site and logged in and it hasn't saved my car when i entered the VIN number. it seems I need to log in via the car when I get the SIM for it to connect the account?
  • Tempted
    United Kingdom 

When you set up your InControl account, it'll ask if you want to be notified of map updates. You would then download the map on a computer, out it onto a USB stick and install in the vehicle.

Downloading map updates via your data sim would soon blitz your allowance.
  • LPan
    United Kingdom 

So got ther SIM card and all seems well. Also managed to connect to the house WIFI whilst car is sitting on the drive. I have set up for traffic updates on the satnav and for rerouting. I know these eat some data but I assume only when it needs to be searching for traffic updates whilst routing me using the SatNav. That correct?
    Also, whilst connected to WIFI I went online to the HERE site and it had all cars listed for the latest maps apart from the Disco5! I hope I did it right.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I use a Three SIm which is 12GB for a year, live traffic is updating all the time but uses very little .

At the end of the year I always have data left.

You are probably going to the wrong place for updates, there is no choice of car!

There is a post I made with a step by step guide, but simply go to https://www.landrover.here.com/#home/0

Login and map updates are in the top right corner.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum