Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nickground
    United Kingdom 

Towball guidance on camera

I’ve had four FFRR with deplorable tow bars. On each the reverse camera would show the towball trajectory when the bar was deployed.

On my new D5 Lux 19 I had the detachable bar fitted by the dealer as I want access to a proper recovery eye rather than screwing in the towing eye.

When I engage reverse there is no trajectory line. The manual says press the symbol on touchscreen when in reverse. No symbol, checked in all settings menus and still no joy.

Anyone know if this is something that the dealer should have enabled when fitting the bar and electrics?

D5 HSE Lux SDV6
    D3 2005
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

There is a setting somewhere under the camera settings section to enable it. I can't remember exactly where but it adds a line that shows where the tow ball will go and zooms in on the tow ball.

I don't use it because it doesn't know whether you are reversing up to a trailer or not and it's only useful when you are, otherwise you're better off without it.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • nickground
    United Kingdom 

OK, eventually found it by going in via the settings tab at the bottom of the screen when the camera is active. Now I can switch it off and on as required.

Thank you

D5 HSE Lux SDV6
    D3 2005
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi Nick have got the two lines showing on the screen when you go in reverse?
  • nickground
    United Kingdom 

Yes, normal operation I have the wheel and body lines. Could also select the tailgate clearance assist. When you select hitch guidance in the camera settings the wheel and assist are then switched off.

D5 HSE Lux SDV6
    D3 2005
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Tailgate clearance assist, what is that please

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • nickground
    United Kingdom 

When you are reversing up to a wall for example the camera will show if you can still open the tailgate without hitting the wall.

D5 HSE Lux SDV6
    D3 2005
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

The only option I have when reversing is the single centre line. My D4 had the width lines as well. My D5 is MY 2017. Do the width and tailgate lines come with one of the packages or are they standard?

Thanks

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

my 2017 has the various lines, are the solid blocks the tailgate opening clearance then?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

Yes and they change color to yellow and red if too close
  • Labbix

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

aha wondered what they were lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

mordred1973 wrote:
    my 2017 has the various lines, are the solid blocks the tailgate opening clearance then?

So, do the extra lines come as part of the Capability pack?

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I guess need someone who doesnt have the capability plus pack to confirm that, I have only driven one D5.

• Craigp
    England 

Mine is the my17 SE with the reversing camera. I can select the single line or full width of car markers and one other which i never used so can't remember what it is. So yes the choices should be there.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum