Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Karlbutler
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

Poor tick over and stalling

Hi there,
    Looking for guidance - I have a 2.0d discovery 5 and recently we have had issues where a) needs a couple of turns of the engine to start b) Tickover non existent and stalls c) large hesitation on pick up and d) complete loss of power at a junction.
    Cars only done 28k with full service history.

Can anyone shed any light ? Land Rover assist : the A’A couldn’t find anything wrong ??

And we are on holiday with the prospect of a 350 miles journey home ☹️
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Ideally you'd get the engine fault codes read and post them here. There's probably many reasons for loss of power but the first thing I would check is that the air intake hose(s) isn't/aren't split, which appears to be a common issue (not limited to LR). I've had that happen on my D4 and on a Passat as well.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • ChrisPBlackburn
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Did you ever get a resolution to this? It's happening to mine too
  • Karlbutler
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Corris Grey

In short YES, I did get a resolution.

The problem got worse to the point the engine stalled coming on to a very busy road. I called the local land rover dealership ( Carrs Truro/Redruth Cornwall ) and they had it in for diagnostics.

The bombshell they dropped was that my car had a faulty engine and that it had to be replaced ( warranty ) so my vehicle was left in Cornwall whilst I came back to Yorkshire in the loan car.

The service form the garage was excellent but i was shocked to find an 18 month old car needing a new engine !!!

Unsure if you have had it checked but mine recently has had to be back with landrover for a faulty EGR valve for a similar issue ......flat spot and loss of power.

Hope yours gets sorted
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum