Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Amazon Firestick TV works in D5 with RSE

Was messing about and thought I could plug my spare Amazone Firestick into the HDMI slot in the Rear Seat Screens. Works a treat. I have connected it to the car Hotspot (I have a family sharing account so can move data around to it) and it works really well.

If your kids use Netflix / Amazon Videos / even playing crossy road, it is great!

We have also had the Nintendo Switch working on both screens through HDMI and the kids have been playing Mario Kart etc.

We often slate JLR for being behind the curve with Tech, but this type of integration wasn't something I had in my last BMW or Audi.

Please with this find.

(also if you manage to download Modbro you have over 400 live Tv and Sports channels from around the world.... never miss another football game)

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

That’s great to know, I will do the same, thanks for posting!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Japseroony
    United Kingdom 

Can you also get this on the front screen?
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 

Yes but I couldn't get the sound to work, sure there is something I was missing....

• Japseroony
    United Kingdom 

Just need to Firestick now - oh and a D5 lol
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Re: Amazon Firestick TV works in D5 with RSE

milesg wrote:
    Was messing about and thought I could plug my spare Amazone Firestick into the HDMI slot in the Rear Seat Screens. Works a treat. I have connected it to the car Hotspot (I have a family sharing account so can move data around to it) and it works really well.

If your kids use Netflix / Amazon Videos / even playing crossy road, it is great!

We have also had the Nintendo Switch working on both screens through HDMI and the kids have been playing Mario Kart etc.

We often slate JLR for being behind the curve with Tech, but this type of integration wasn't something I had in my last BMW or Audi.

Please with this find.

(also if you manage to download Modbro you have over 400 live Tv and Sports channels from around the world.... never miss another football game)

Hi Miles,
    What are you using to power the fire stick (3-pin)? Have you got a 12v to 3pin converter of some sort?

Cheers,

Rich

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 

Just plug the USB cable into the USB sockets!

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Oh is that it Laughing I think I’ve forgotten how my home fire stick is powered! Cheers!

• x13pow
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Re: Amazon Firestick TV works in D5 with RSE

milesg wrote:

Please with this find.

Can you view on the front screen aswell?
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 

yes when parked

• x13pow
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Do you have a front HDMI port or just the rears ?

Basically I have a MY20 and I plug the fire stick in rear HDMI port as I don’t have a front one and it doesn’t come up a source for the front so putting it on to the the right thing for the children means getting in the back ! Total Pain!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Miles, can I ask what type of cable your using for your Nintendo Switch?

I gather anyone will do, as long as the connections are the same, or is this where am going wrong, ie has to be a specific cable.

Is there a setting am overlooking on the remote control?

I assumed it's similar to when you plug in a USB on the laptop, it automatically pops up on the screen, plug and play.

I purchased a replacement recently, type c usb, to an hdmi, 2 metre length, but it's not registering on either the 2 rear hdmi or front hdmi.

With no kids to help me this afternoon, am at a complete loss, and the manual does not shed any light on it either.

Thanks.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • milesg
    United Kingdom 

I can't help you with the cable I am afraid, my daughter just used the one that came with the Switch and goes into the stand when you put it in the dock. Try that one first then see if it is the cable or connection.

Good luck!

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thanks, I just emailed the seller, who informed me that it's the 2.0 version I need, not the 3.0 which I ordered, so I think the lead may be the issue.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum