Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Peve
    Belgium 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Digital instrumentcluster compatibility

I recently drove a MY20 discovery and i really like the new digital instrumentcluster. So now i am wondering if i can swap my 2017 unit with a MY20 digital one.

Does anyone know if that is even possible? I would probably need to disassemble the dashboard completely or only the top bit?
    And what about the cost of such a new instrument-unit? And price...

Advice is always welcome Wink

Grtz.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I thought someone on disco4.com did this with a digital binnacle from a RRS (?) in a Disco 4. I would hazard a guess it is possible,

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I’d disagree. There all sorts of wiring loom problems as well as electronic modules and CCF requirements, for which there is no solution meantime, but it’s your car, so if you want to give it a go .....

If you’re that keen, buy a new car?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Found the post - see here

I wouldn't think the connectors are the issue, but agree if the CCF needs updating you might have some issues. Where this was done with an RR binnacle, I think the biggest issue was to get the odometer reading correct.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Peve
    Belgium 

According to the local dealership it's possible, but quite costly. A digital binnacle is a 1500£ (+-1700€) and another 1000£ of work so i think i'll keep dreaming Laughing
  • karmax
    Switzerland 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

Re: Digital instrumentcluster compatibility

Peve wrote:
    I recently drove a MY20 discovery and i really like the new digital instrumentcluster. So now i am wondering if i can swap my 2017 unit with a MY20 digital one.

Grtz.

Unfortunately, the digital cluster from 2018+ versions can not be retrofitted into d5 2017. I tried with mine - no way - generally it works but some bits don’t - like sign camera does not show the speed limit. But the major issue was to with back light of the panel - it did not work at all. So I ended up with putting a digidash from RSS 2016 - and it looks and works fine.
  • Peve
    Belgium 

Thanks for the info! 👍🏻
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum