Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Infotainment system rear connections.

Has anyone seen the rear of the infotainment system or got a diagram of it?

I need to know if it has a video input or has an aux input.

Have had a look at the handbook but can't see anything.

Needing to connect a couple of extra cameras, hence the question.

Wondering if the unit will accept a wireless signal similar to an AV sender, or like the bluetooth transmitter I had a good 10 years ago, whereby I could stream music from my mobile onto the car stereo, scanning the FM waveband, until it picked up my signal. (Crystal clear sound and excellent invention I may add).

Other alternative is to run the signal wirelessly to a second smaller screen or to a clip on rear view camera which has video inputs.

(I have already purchased a wireless transmitter and receiver, along with a rear view mirror and a small LCD screen).

I dont want to do this as rather have the signal via the main screen, instead of adding extra bits onto the car and the hassle of hiding the extra wires and positioning of the extra screen.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Mine has a HDMI input in the 2nd row seats and between the driver and passenger seats.

I haven't ever used it (yet), but it is there.

Hope this answers your question.

Nick
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thanks Nick, we also have in the rear and in the front console.

Kids Nintendo Switch is used in the rear HDMI.

Never used the front HDMI if am honest.

Will need to get an HDMI to phono plug adapter, if it exists, and see how I get on.

Will post pics on here if am successful.

Far better option via HDMI as I don't fancy hauling the infotainment system out.

Cheers Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum