Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Retro Fit reversing camera

Okay, I’ve got a 2018 SE with no camera. I’d like to retro fit one with genuine LR parts. Anyone know if this can be done?

I’ve done a D4 camera retrofit. The main FAKRA was already in the headlining, just a case of buying a camera, loom and FAKRA from the gear selector to the back of the infortainment system then got it enamelled with Autologic. It was reasonably painless.

Not sure about the D5. I dont necessarily want to go pulling trims off unless I have to. Rolling Eyes

Alternatively anyone got ToPix and can access and give me the schematics for the Camera system from boot to infortainment please?

Update - spoke with Autologic, they are developing the software to change the CCF to allow the system to see a retro camera, but haven’t completed the programming yet. Looks like it will have to wait a while.
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

Necro post ....but is it possible to retrofit a camera? I have the more basic SD nav screen
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Physically yes, but you’d need the CCF enabled, that presents a problem at the moment.
  • Cradgebank
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) S Corris Grey

''Connects2'' make an interface module, albeit you have to use an aftermarket Camera, it does edit the CCF automatically and enables the Camera function on the OEM screen.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Might help. Says it’s D5 compatible. £420

https://www.nav.tv/products/reversing-came...creen-2017

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum