Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Traffic information not available

Having a bit of a brain fog.

When I am driving about I have the black half screen on the left with the above message.

When I arrive home and it picks up my home WIFi the left lights up with a greeting acknowledging I am logged in. So my car would appear not to be working off mobile data.
    (My maps are up to date as is my subscription.)

I bought a data sim in the car, over a year now and wondering if it’s stopped working or just run out. Not sure how to check it?

It did work when I first installed it but with the restricted local only use during the pandemic I cannot say I noticed when it stopped working. Are data sims time limited?

Is this down to the data sim or would the cars onboard sim be handling this?

I am sure that the black half screen happens everywhere away from home …. so I am ruling out poor signal.

I was going to buy another data sim but before I do, are there any other points I am missing?
    Thx
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Data sims are time limited. Mine with 3 was two years. I didn’t run out of data, just time, so purchased a new one and it was fine.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Also, just try turning mobile data off and back on again and see if it picks up the info, try that first. Mine would occasionally do that.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Thanks guys

I suspect I may be over my 24month limit. Time flies when you are having fun. Rolling Eyes

But I will switch off/on mobile data to double check.
  • Duckers
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Hi Guys
    I am having the same problem with the navigation, works OK on WiFi but not via the SIM
    Assuming my SIM has expired (MY2019) What SIM card do I need and is it plug and play or which settings need to be adjusted,
    Thanks in advance
    K
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

I got a Three 24 GB, 24 month pay as you sim

Once I put it in the right way round Rolling Eyes and switched on the mobile data in connectivity menu option, it worked ok.

Here’s an example…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Mobile-Pay-...&psc=1
  • Duckers
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Thanks for the update
    Much appreciated
    K
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum