Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

Sd6 Service Pack - does it really cost that much?

When I took delivery of my Disco at the end of May the dealer explained there was no service pack available, but I should check in a few months. So I have, and for 3 years/15k miles a year it will cost £2131.86. So naturally I asked how much each individual service would be to see how much I would save with the pack. The answer: a total of £1550 - that's year 1 and 3 services @ £450 each and year 2 @ £650.

I appreciate the individual service costs might go up a bit over 3 years, but even so, has someone made a mistake or do LR really think that people will pay a £581 premium for the pack?!
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

That's pretty par for the course. When I bought my D5 there was no 'service pack' but the dealer would put a plan together!! They obviously do not think that customers can add up. Guess what, I didn't buy the plan.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Got mine in November 2018 and the pack was 800. Not sure if they have drastically increased price or if this is a mistake.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I Paid £825 for 5 years / 50000 miles.

Although annoyingly, I'll only get 3 services out of it because I do 16,000 miles per year so I'll hit the 50,000 mile limit just after the third service. Which seems stupid - I can have 5 services if I drive 10,000 miles a year but only 3 if I drive 16000 miles even though the services are the same regardless of the mileage. Confused

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 

I wonder if they've made a mistake then, I'll ask another dealer.

Last edited by BSE Disco on 25th Jul 2019 5:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 

I wonder if they've made a mistake then, I'll ask another dealer.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

I got into a discussion over service packs with my dealer when the said they were not offering them. They said it was because the dealership was losing money on them as LR only contributed so much and LR were re assessing pricing.

I wonder if this pricing is the result of a Spreadsheet without sanity check from someone. If you think about it they will be monitoring servicing and oil change activity and have MI on it. If they then modelled their pricing plan from the last 2 years D5 activity it could be out of whack with the extra oil changes people have been having which shouldn't be included.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

Incidentally, I went into our nearest LR to ask about service plans since they used to run their own (also no longer). I then came across this:

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/serv...efits.html

So looks like there'll be new plans very soon?

20MY Si4 SE in Eiger Grey/Black Pack/Black Alloys
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 

I have a feeling that’s the new service plan the dealer was offering me.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

You could go to an Indy. I was quoted significantly less than LR by JAS in York, who has great reviews and obviously knows his stuff, even on the D5. Halfrauds would do a service cheaper than LR.In the end my local LR Dealer, (who really do look after me) almost price matched. so win, win for me!!!

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

My SD4 MY19 3 year / 102k service plan was thrown in as $0 on my order.
    At the time I believe it was worth $1500

Now I only do about 14000 km per year.
    so at a service interval of 34000km it’s quite possible I’ll only get 1 scheduled service within the 3 years.

So good if you can negotiate it into the sale for zero $, but maybe not worth it after that.

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Your service interval is based on whichever comes first either the 1 year time interval or the distance driven.

If you drive less than 16000 miles (26000km) per year the your car will need a yearly service so you'll still get 3 serviced from your plan. Thumbs Up

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Mine was AUD 2,000 for 5 year service, which is annually on my TD6. It was a no brainer as the first services on my D4 back in 2012 were AUD 650 and 800 (neither included wear and tear items like brakes etc). They will try and sell you other services through, rotating wheels at $200 which is a bit steep - some tyre places do this free of charge if you buy a set of 4 from them as part of a tyre maintenance plan.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum