Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Awesome half day at LRE Centre Solihull

Used my half day LRE voucher in for a Friday morning day out with my Dad in Solihull a couple of weeks ago, and had the most enjoyable few hours.

Our instructor was Calum - a young chap who knew just about everything there possibly is to know about LR. Utterly charming bloke, and we had a blast with him.

It was also interesting to see inside the gates of a major car factory... (my only other experience has been a private tour inside the Ferrari factory Wink )

My only LRE comparison is a half day at Rockingham back in 2010, and I'd rate this as a league apart. Why? No wasted 30 mins or so sat in a presentation at the start of the experience (not sure if they do that anymore - but my wife had found that terribly terribly dull and too technical), plus the range of tracks and courses were so much better in Solihull. What's more, they let you drive the water courses on a half day course, and at Rockingham they hadn't - saying they were reserved for full day courses.

Certainly pays to research which track to book.

Thanks LR for the fun Very Happy

Incidentally the cars they are using were all 2018 models, as they've been running them a little longer than usual as they are waiting to replace quite a few with the new Defender...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Interesting to read, thanks. Not sure when I will get chance to book mine, but I have been wondering whether to go for Solihull in favour of Eastnor (the latter is closer).

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

We were there in Jan, never stopped raining, I loved every minute of it. Must be the 4th time I’ve been there. The best site Experience have by far...
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I am sitting on 6 half days on my account. I went on one, but it was an anticlimax probably because I’d done a weeks serious off road training on a Defender a few years back. Wouldn’t go on another.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I now have two half days to use up, having not used the first one since my last post.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

So jealous. We Yanks don't get those credits, and for me the nearest one is 400+ miles away in Moab, and they only offer week-long vacation/experiences.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum