Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

thought that may be the case, so need to do it for an hour or so whilst blocked on the driveway with other car during the day I guess....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Mordred, do you not use the app or web site planner to set your destinations?

I have NEVER used the car itself to enter a destination.
    For our trips to France I leave home with around 10 hotels entered from my laptop and just select the one I need for each day from the the Synced list in the car.

Sometimes I even enter a Lat, Long that I have copied and pasted from Google to take me to an exact obscure location.

Putting destinations into a car through an on screen keyboard is so yesterday !! Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

The app doesnt work. It did once and finally sync'd once i was about 10 miles into the journey, thereafter it has, insisted for the last year my car is parked 100 miles away
    App has been deleted and reinstalled, cache cleared etc. It then said car was in correct location for about 5 mins and then went back to insisting it was parked back in the place 100 miles away.

I enter loads of destinations whilst out and about, which is easy enough, whilst parked and once the system has booted up.

I jave never used the web based one, that means i need to plan where i am going beforehand, start the laptop up blah blah lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

Jimbg,

Thx for reminding us about all the possibilities JLR doesn’t want or can’t supply to us by not activating the internet connection to the car, but it does charge the same price of course Wink
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Its cool, even when you have it, half the time it doesnt do whats intended lol

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum