Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Defender

Had a look around a pre-production defender at Alice Holt today. Decent visibility and mirrors, making me think it might be easier to place on narrower roads than the D5. With a 6’3” driver there was plenty of room for me to sit behind myself (so to speak). The cabin was nice to be on and it definitely looks better externally in the flesh than on the web. It’s still a bit odd in places and it might take a while for the beauty to sink in, it’s a less beautiful design than the discovery or RR Sport. The colour palette seemed quite varied as well. Red and black lights and trim, plus silver paint and grey and black plastic. Me thinks it might be quite colour sensitive.

I found myself thinking the boot was small and missing the ever useful flap, bad. But it’s only small relative to a D5, not actually small.

Oddly the 2 litre diesel filled the engine bay, unlike in the D5 where the 3 litre looks lost in the space.

The ladder to the roof is neat and the rack had channels for Thule bike racks etc and looked well built.

Oddly tempted. Maybe it’s the chunky tyres, finally a LR we can’t kerb the wheels on?

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum