Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I am guessing it'll never appear in new app for me at all. Have reinstalled it and still dont even have the seat option

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Whippetman wrote:
    Well just reloaded the old app and it gives me the choice of fold or unfold all not like the newer app.
    My D5 HSE lux was used pre LR owned if that means anything to anyone

Where do you get the old app from?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I am not sure it is the "old" app, but is the original.

The newer app appeared in the App stores and of course being the curious people we are, we downloaded it.

There is as far as I know, no explanation of why there are two. I have stuck with the original because it seems to be more pertinent to the Disco 5.

Both are in the app store if you look carefully.
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

To be honest, the look of the "old" app is far more in keeping with modern style apps than the newer one. Just found it (says updated Sep2019), but then so does the other one. Appears a lot nice to look at and to use. More sleek/slick.

Why oh why are there so many apps for different functions? Just seen a LR Comfort app too that allows you to control your rear seat environment whilst you are in the car (sat in the front).

However, regardless of the version/style of app I have, seats, and their respective heating/folding functions remain elusive. I will probably have to enable it via pathfinder and see what happens then.
  • BruceT
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Fuji White

hope no one minds slightly digressing from the topic and asking a question related to the app.

I have the LR remote app for my HSE but cant do anything with it except check that the doors are locked and check the vehicles location. Is there a different app I should be using to flash and sound the horn?

Thank you.
  • Labbix

Both apps show it, but nothing works on my car, as I don’t have the sim. But it does mention some functions are country depending.
    Try the other app of the 2 and see if it helps.

• BruceT
    South Africa 

Thank you
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I assume the car has an inbuilt sim somewhere to work the remote services, since presumably it works the SOS button too?

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

Not all cars have this SOS button, mine, although being in Europe and HSE Lux doesn’t have it...

BruceT, I hope others can help you out/point you to what to do to make it work as I believe it should work as you have the extra sim slot (and I really hope it works as next year I should have the South African specced D5 as well Wink

Let me know if it works with the ‘new’ app (the white one)
  • BruceT
    South Africa 

Thank you.

I dont have the sim slot but do have the SOS button.

It seems that when building these vehicles, if the parts bin was empty some things were just not fitted.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I have the SIM slot under the armrest, with the 2x USB and HDMI. I have never put a SIM in the car, but all the remote feature works, hence why I said there must be a hidden one somewhere for all of that stuff.

• Labbix

BruceT, you dont have a Sim, but you do have AppleCar Play?

Anyway, my car has no hidden sim either, and therefore internet connection to the car is not possible at all, or at least I cannot connect to the car.

However the car does connect to the home WiFi/phone for SOTA, so it does connect to JLR update software, but that’s it, not for the other useful features... JLR logic, or maybe they ran out of parts in the factory indeed!
  • BruceT
    South Africa 

Yes I have HDMI, 2x USB's and a power socket under the arm rest. No sim card slot. I do have Apple Car Play also and can connect to my houses Wifi although I havent done an update yet as it tells me there are no updates.
  • BruceT
    South Africa 

USB and HDMI no Sim slot

Emergency button and Assist button

Apple Car Play

Software version but not connected to WIfi as im not at home

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

What version are you on of the Incontrol software?

You need to be on 18D or later and then JLR need to turn on update capability at their end for you before you can carry out an update.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum