Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• milesg
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

24 Months service - cost?

Hi all, car is 24 mths old in 2 weeks and needs a service. Mileage is only 26k. I do not have a service pack and the quote I have had is £755+ vat from local dealer.

What have other 2017's paid for this service?

I know I could call 5 dealers but they always make you go thru the booking process first.

Thanks in advance.

Miles

HSE Lux in Silver / Black
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

the LR website has the facility to price your "local" dealership for each service, told there is then an opportunity to haggle too.

Mine was £650 for the 2 year according to the paperwork, but was foc due to the terrible earlier service I received from them.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Curiosity, but I’ve phoned two dealerships to get 1st service quotes, but they must be hell of a busy, they will phone me back! Confused

Last edited by Dangerdave on 10th Dec 2019 7:27 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • Labbix

I think they want to wait for NY and charge a price increase Wink
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Nope, just standard Censored poor LR dealer service.

They never called me to tell me my car was ready, so i left it to next day to collect it and just kept their courtesy car.

When i collected, was told the service receptionist who looked after your car isnt working today so i cant update you on anything that was done.

On the way home the fault it was in for reappeared, as they were closed by then i emailed the service manager when i got home, which was a week ago saturday, still waiting to hear back!!!

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

God you are quick to reply, just amended the post.

Update, I’ve had one get back to me. Despite the service counter saying about service due in 4K miles, to take it in for a software update and check the oil dilution. If required the oil will be changed under warranty.

Mine is a car that requires a service at 21,000 miles or two years.

Accepting that, the first service At 2 years is £479 including Parts, labour and VAT.

The second or 4 years service is £582 including all of the above.

So a total cost for the first 5 years is just £1061.

Last edited by Dangerdave on 10th Dec 2019 7:28 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • Labbix

Sorry to hear that, guess I’m lucky than, although there is only 1 official dealer in Albania, they are truly good and really do their best to find solutions for whatever that goes wrong and lots went wrong (not their fault though).
    It all depends on the people you have to deal with at the end...
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

DD, I think you meant 2 years, and not 5 Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I paid the equivalent of about 460 pounds for my second service about 6 months ago. Not sure you can really compare costs across countries, I expect my friends to the south pay less than we do in Canada

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I was just toting up the first 24 month and second 48 month services costs. That’s all you’d need if you kept it 5 years.

Aren’t the service plans for 5 years so effectively just the first and second services?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The new service plans are for three services - my pack was £1209 for services at 16k, 32k and 48k. Roughly every 10 months on anticipated mileage.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dangerdave wrote:
    I was just toting up the first 24 month and second 48 month services costs. That’s all you’d need if you kept it 5 years.

Aren’t the service plans for 5 years so effectively just the first and second services?

Sorry I misread your initial post.

I assumed the 5 year plan included 4 services, or am I missing the point?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Well according to the dealer in Elgin, my Disco only needs a a service every 2 years or at 21,000 miles. I probably do about 8,000 a year in honesty, so if I kept it 5 years, it would only require two services in that time?

They will check my oil dilution in the interim and if it needs changed, it will be done FOC under warranty as there’s a SB out on it. They will also update the software for the service counter so it won’t show that I need a service at 17,000 miles like it does at present.

The 5 year plan is fine, but if your car only needs two services in that time, then you won’t make use of the 4 services? Maybe I am missing something here as well?

Just waiting to hear back from Inverness, but I think my name has a black mark against it, so I won’t hold my breath. Laughing
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Is yours a 2.0 or 3.0 Dave? My SDV6 actually shows service will be due at 14541 miles.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

A 2lt.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum