Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• haybob
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Adaptive Headlights

Anyone got these? Are they any good?

I have speced them in a pack on my new D5 Commercial.
  • Labbix

Yes, and although not as obvious in working as with the Audi where the whole beam visually turns, in cornering or even dark sides I suddenly notice lights go on and make it a lot more visible. Thought in the beginning it were the fog lights doing the trick like you see with other cars when they turn, but even with the fog lights on these ‘extra lights’ appear. Absolutely a welcome kind of ‘nice to have’ and well done by JLR, I like it.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I have them, as Labbix says, they are not too obvious. I had the previous version of HID adaptives on D3 which 'steered' around bends and did a little 'dance' when first activated. But the D5 adaptive LED's are totally different, they change beam pattern dependent upon road type, i.e. long narrow on motorway, wider short on urban, I don't think they are as bright as the previous HID's but they are worth having.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I’d concur. You can see the differences they make, not mind-blowing but definitely worth having. I wouldn’t want to be without them.

I’m doing far more country road driving now, but my impression is that they are not as bright as the non-adaptive xenons on my previous car - a BMW 440i - which has slightly surprised me.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I have them as well. They operate very differently from the D3 & D4 variants, but I find them really good. The beam pattern changes dependent on vehicle speed, surroundings and direction of travel and I think they provide good illumination.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum