TomTom GO 10%/2
    Karta GPS 0%/0
    Sygic Car Navigation 0%/0
    MyRoute 0%/0
    Other 0%/0
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

What Sat Nav system/app do you use in your Discovery 5?

I'm intrigued to know which system you use/rely on as your first-choice Sat Nav when driving your D5?

I tend to use one of three (for variety!), but please vote for the one you use most often...

Let's see what's most popular!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I don’t use the Satnav system. I know where I am going and I prefer peace and quiet rather than use any media or phone, so the whole of the infotainment is pretty much redundant.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Don't blame you at all!

I tend to know my way too, but I like to know if all hell's about to break loose up ahead. So directions always muted, and I'm just looking for alerts to re-route around road closures, and monitoring my ETA.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I see there is one vote for Apple Maps!

According to Apple Maps my road is one way which means I cannot access my house without a huge detour!

I reported the error to them to them and nothing, so its impossible for me use to the app.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Apart from the Satnav and knowing we’re I am going, I think it’s an age thing plus with phones and music/media.

We’ve become so institutionalised, it’s scary. You go to the hairdresser, shops, dining out, cinema, concert, everyone’s on their mobile phones texting, speaking or listening to music. The damn phone is welded to their hands.

Meanwhile, they are missing out on actually living life and communicating face to face with people. No wonder we are such a F/up society of misfits.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Android Auto and nothing else for all infotainment functions.

I get Amazon Music HD, calendar integration, flawless voice control, text message readout and voice response - I haven't touched the native ICTP in years.

Recently, there have also been a few offroad-focused apps made available such as Gaia GPS that integrate trails and topo maps for adventuring.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I used waze all the time in the Disco. Mainly for the traffic as a half hour delay can spring from nowhere here and waze will save you from the trap.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum