Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Blusox69
    United Kingdom 

Help with 2017 HSE standard equipment

Hi all,

I’ve searched on here and the internet, but haven’t had any luck. I’m looking for a UK spec guide for the discovery. I’ve found a US guide, but I don’t know if it’s the same as the UK.

My wife and I are looking to get our first Discovery and we are looking at a 2017 HSE but before we go visit I’d like to know what is standard, specifically parking assist and adaptive cruise control.

Can any one help?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Adaptive cruise was introduced on MY19 models as far as I know. Not sure about Park Assist, as I think it was an extra on the lower specs, but standard on the Lux, but I may be wrong.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Blusox69
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, the 2017 US spec sheet says the HSE has them but I know that’s not the same as looking at a UK spec sheet
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No problem Thumbs Up
    You should have the normal cruise control though. We have the MY18 Lux and the option for adaptive cruise control and adaptive dynamics was not available then.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Blusox69
    United Kingdom 

That’s good to know. Adaptive cruise control isn’t a deal breaker, just hoping the park assist is on the car we’re looking at as that’s a definite must have for the wife.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Sent you a PM

Just checked and Adaptive and Park Assist were optional extras on all variants.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

You could look on fleabay for an original 2017 sales brochure, it will list standard spec and what options available and give good insight into the whole vehicle. Won't cost you a fortune either, approx£5

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

my 2017 HSE NA spec just has normal cruise, however I recall another 2017 HSE at the dealers had some added features, sorry can't remember what though!

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Blusox69
    United Kingdom 

Thanks everyone, if now got hold of a brochure thanks to you guys
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

had my 2017 HSE for 17 months and 24,000 miles. I have used to "get me out of a space" once just to see if it works and the "get me in a space" half a time, since it failed to find any available spaces, so I just reversed it in myself.

The park assist, I believe comes with 360 cameras, they are more useful I admit, although usually only use the front cameras for when in multi story carparks which are extremely tight with the D5.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Blusox69
    United Kingdom 

Thanks,

We have auto park on our current car and thinking about it we hardly use it. The 360 camera would be more useful.

We're going to see an 2017 Aintree Green HSE as soon as it has had it's recall work done by LR.

New question, were March 31st registered 2017 Discoveries elligable for the Apple CarPlay upgrade?
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

mine is July 2017, so same standard spec, and it has the Smartphone pack (has done since Jan 2019)

With 19C software, Aplle Car Play and Android Auto should come as standard on a UK model. If all of the updates are done prior to collection then it should automatically be there...

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

seem to have most of the options on mine, but don't use auto park, haven't yet used wade sensors, don't like auto distance on cruise, so switch it off, use 360 on narrow country lanes/track, android auto is a pain as needs a cable connection, technology pack is all smoke and mirrors so not used much. love the remote fbh and start facility and heated steering wheel. TV is useful sometimes, Deployable tow bar is nice, not used trailer assist, would have preferred better reverse lights and better headlamps even though are adaptives.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • SD1
    United Kingdom 

Just to mention my March 15th 2017 HSE has lower road tax rating of £300 per year. I believe after March 2017 it went to the higher level
    John
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

harrythespider wrote:
    seem to have most of the options on mine, but don't use auto park, haven't yet used wade sensors, don't like auto distance on cruise, so switch it off, use 360 on narrow country lanes/track, android auto is a pain as needs a cable connection, technology pack is all smoke and mirrors so not used much. love the remote fbh and start facility and heated steering wheel. TV is useful sometimes, Deployable tow bar is nice, not used trailer assist, would have preferred better reverse lights and better headlamps even though are adaptives.

Harry, I have similar spec items:

As I said, never use Auto Park
    360 cameras, use in tight carparks (or when going between those barriers to restrict trucks going over bridges)
    I tried wade sensors once going through a ford, but water wasn't deep enough
    Use Android Auto all the time, since I use Spotify a lot in the car
    Techology pack (if I can remember what it is even though I have it) altho if thats the Head Up Display, I only use it really to see the speed limit v the speed lol
    Only thing that could improve the FBH is activation from the phone app, the remote is a bit useless other than when at home
    Deployable towbar is a great to have, use it a fair bit for 1800kg caravan. It has got more reliable locking most times now it has been used more
    Trailer Assist, never set it up as car didn't come with the triangle/3 circles thing and I can reverse the caravan perfectly well anyway
    Capabilty Plus pack, I have never taken it more offroad than a farm track so haven't needed the locking rear diff or terrain response 2.[/list]

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum