Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yours made me laugh too, positioning it at 9 o’clock, saving less than a foot. Rolling with laughter Particularly when you think the vehicle doesn’t have a problem picking up the pressures on the road wheels.

Hey, if the sensor picks it up where I place it, what can I say. Perhaps a more likely cause of it not being read with some is the placement of other electrical components in the spare wheel area interfering with the signal rather than the over simplistic distance from the sensor explaination. Maybe try it before ridiculing it?

Also don’t know where you got 25’ from? The last time I looked, the Disco was only 16’ long and that’s bumper to bumper. You must have the custom stretch limo one. Rolling with laughter
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Laughing
    Sorry, I was referring to ‘Darlings’ post previously. He had a space saver and the low pressure warning but it was picking up the low pressure in the full size spare in his garage 25 feet away.

Yes very true about the spare sensor. I’d just read on here about positioning the. Valve to near side as maybe it has its own independent sensor
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Damn still getting this bloody message. I’d thought 55psi would of been totally sufficient.

Is there a way to reset the tyre for the spare?
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

I had this issue when TyrePros (bunch of useless morons) fitted some new tyres and swapped my unused spare out of one of the older tyres. The manual is very clear that if the spare is completely deflated then it must be re-inflated in close proximity to the car - which clearly they didn’t do. I dropped it, rotated so the valve was accessible, totally deflated it and then re-inflated to 50-55psi (high load pressure for a rear wheel).

Error cleared, job done.

It doesn’t surprise me that they had no idea what they were doing, the other for tyres were all at different and seemingly random pressures. Won’t be going back there.
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Ahh interesting. I will try that then, pump it up near the car?
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

Yes but completely deflate it first if it already has air. I kept it on the winch, just dropped to the floor.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum