Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Smart key not regonised

Hi All,

Went to jump in the car the other day and the vehicle won't start with the message "Smart key not recognized" I tried the spare key and that was the same. I called LR assist, the lady said to put the key on the three grooves in the steering column, however I have my steering wheel quite deep and couldn't get to this.

She booked a mobile technician to come round, he said right away that both batteries in the fobs are dead, he had done six today already. He said the latest software has a fault and should tell you the key is getting low. But it doesn't

Fortunately we had two cr2032 batteries in the house and the guy swapped them over. He said the dealers charge about £10 per battery. So get some in stock as home.

He commented it's odd that loads of cars seem to be going down all at the same time.

So simply change your fob batteries with CR2032.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • Guy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I had the same thing a couple of months back: both keys dead and no warning. That was odd because, last time it happened (well over a year ago) I did get a low battery warning on the main key. So the theory that something in the software has changed seems to hold up...
  • Labbix

Exactly the same happened with me almost two months ago.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Same here 2 months ago. Car was in for its second service plus software update, and a week or so before the low battery message came up on the dash a few times. Never thought anything of it as the message never appeared again. I assumed the garage had fitted a new one. (So like someone just mentioned, maybe the new software update does not have this feature anymore). The car just refused to open a week or so after we got it back. Tried spare set and exactly the same. Just as well had a couple of spare batteries.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum