Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Jarse
    Australia 

Map updates broken - OS and Windows (AU)

I've been attempting to update my maps on both operating platforms, and the software keeps asking me to download InControl Touch Pro Download Tool to do so,

On Mac, attempting to installInControl Touch Pro Download Tool from the DMG gives me a malware alert and does not install.

On Windoze, it installs, but when attempting to download the maps returns to download and install InControl Touch Pro Download Tool.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Nine out of five pilots are lysdexic.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Windows

It always seems to ask to download before it realizes uou have it already installed.

Are you sure you are not responding to the repeated download?

Do you get as far as selecting the USB drive?
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

On Windows, I also get the message to install the download tool each time, but if I ignore it and wait a few seconds, it then asks me to approve switching applications, and when I choose YES it opens the download tool and completes the download (slowly).
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

On my Mac I use this URL - https://www.landrover.here.com/ - log in with your account, click on "Maps and Services" then click on "Get latest version". Plug in a USB stick with enough space and erase old versions of maps first. I don't see why this wouldn't work on a Windows machine either. There's no need to install any software to update maps as far as I am aware.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

On Windows there is a downloader program that gets installed the first time you update maps.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I was able to update my maps up till end of Dec 2019, come January 2020 update, a new version of map downloader software was released, haven't been able to update maps since, just get message to try downloading maps again from server. Contacted LR tech desk who asked for screen shots, no reply since supplying them, certainly won't be paying for map updates when subscription runs out end Jan 2021 as haven't been able to get any updates for last 4 months.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Have a look in your download folder to see if the installer for the older version is still there?

I am running a an April 2020 version: 1_3_2
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

On a Mac it also uses a download program. I've copied it to my OneDrive. Put the folder MapDownloader in the 'Applications' folder, if it isn't there. Link here, valid until end of May 2020.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I did reinstall the older mapdownloader software, but when you go to download the maps, it re-installs the latest version and deleted the old one.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I downloaded the latest map updates yesterday (windows 7) without any problems - my downloader programme is still v1.1.0 dated 20/09/2018.
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Reading these reminds me why Apple CarPlay with Waze or Google Maps is way more superior and hassle free
  • Jarse
    Australia 

Thanks to those who offered advice. I've raised a case with LR, but aren't hopeful of a resolution soon.
    Ron, thanks for sharing the link. I did as described, and it gets further than it did. It asks to permit use of mapdownloader (where it tried to download the faulty LR update). When I click 'allow' (like it used to), nothing happens.

So, I'm a little further down the track, but without a solution.

Thanks all. John R.

PS. I have tried this on both my Macs, and 2 Windoze machines. They all behave the same...

• Jarse
    Australia 

Update - Solution found

Hi everyone,
    I haven't heard anything further from LR.

I thought I'd go through my web browser settings in Safari (MAC), and found several changes (unauthorised) to the web page security settings. It appears that an Adblock Pro update that I did a couple of weeks ago may have made the changes without advising me Evil or Very Mad

Well, after some tweaking I have managed to install and run Mapdownloader without difficulty. I noticed there has been a change to the Mac .dmg from 1.3.2 to 1.3.2.1 this week. I wonder if the previous had bugs?

Thanks all who suggested various fixes, and in particular IndusD4 for the offline offer of help Thumbs Up

NB. I haven't bothered with Windoze yet. I don't have Adblock installed on that OS, so I'm yet to work out what the problem might be...

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum