Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• eelpout
    United States 

Pivi Pro loses its graphics

check this out. fired up the 2022 D5 the other day and this is what I saw. aren't I lucky? Rolling Eyes

I tried holding down the power/volume knob to reboot it and that didn't fix it. it also went through another software update in the last 24 hours. this one came so fast on the heels of the last one, I thought maybe it was to fix this particular problem. Nope!

anyone seen this before? it appears that the graphics database has become corrupted, or I've fallen into some diagnostic mode maybe. reminds me of some of the developer debugging modes one can use for testing on some OS'.

I'm contacting my dealer today of course and I'll also contact LR directly as I'm not sure the dealer will know what to do. There is the "System Restore" option in the Pivi Pro menu. Anyone used it? I fear all it will do will is wipe the user data and nothing else which won't help this.

• eelpout
    United States 

talked to my dealer and they've never seen this before on LR or Jag. I booked an appointment but hoping to hear back from LR customer relations support first as they have direct access to engineering.

I'm now pretty convinced that one of the "layers" of overlay UI in the Pivi Pro software has either been disabled or become corrupted somehow.
  • eelpout
    United States 

just to close the loop. took it to the dealer and while they couldn't figure out what happened, they did a software recovery through Pathfinder and were able to reload the latest update (3.2?) and it all came back. including the existing user data so I didn't lose anything. Smile

Interestingly the service department said they may have been lucky because there are certain parts of Pivi Pro that they aren't allowed to access with their tools at which point JLR has to be brought in.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum