Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• kevofcov

A warning about LR approved warranty

I didn’t know this. Please be warned.

The following is taken from a Johnny Oxford post. I knew it was insurance but I did not appreciate that the following will happen. Obviously the dealer won’t mention it when he’s selling to you.

I honestly thought if the car becomes faulty then the investigation work costs would be between the dealer and LR to sort – one made it the other sold it.

If you buy approved used from a dealer with warranty, the warranty is not from Land Rover - even though it has the land rover badge all over it. It is an insurance policy.

If you believe you have a breakdown (claim), you have to book into a dealer, and sign paperwork agreeing you will pay £180 per hour for them to look at it and decide if it is covered by warranty.

If they decide yes, then you dont have to pay.

If they decide no then you do.

Crikey. Please somebody tell me I'm wrong
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

No, it’s a commonly known fact. All firms LR to Neff to Currys do this.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The warranty is provided by"Car Car Plan Ltd". They provide both the approved used and extended warranty.

I've never had the approved used warranty but I had the extended warranty on my D4 for 4 years with several claims (I certainly got my money's worth). It was seamless.

On a couple of occasions I had to call LR assist who referred the car in to the dealer and arranged priority repairs while providing a hired Range Rover Sport. For more trivial things I just booked it in to the dealer myself or waited until a routine service. I never had to pay for anything.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I recall a new LR I purchased six months previously and under the manufactures warranty, developed a starting fault. I took the vehicle into the main dealer and they investigated. They alleged it was caused by me charging an iPhone with the vehicle turned off and charged me £260 for investigating despite my protests.

After paying and removing the charger from the aux socket, the fault persisted a week later. I took it back in and the dealer discovered it was a starter button fault. My £260 was returned.
  • kevofcov

I'm learning so much, glad I posted
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum